Would you dare to sell a kit to buy a Snare?

LeDrumster

Hi there fellow readers...

I'm siting here, torn between my lovely Drum Kit Mavis, and 1 Custom made Snare Drum.
What would you do? Would you sell this kit for a snare?

I'd be selling up for a Kumu Custom made (In Finland) Snare Drum.
The Kumu Drum Kit, would follow shortly after...

Check out: Kumu four piece. On 'your gear forum'
(current kit) This kit is a Mapex Pro M Caramel Fade (Micro)

Spec:

22x18
16x14
16x14
14x10
12x6
10x5
8x4

Have you viewd the current Kumu Post on this site? The feedback from you fellow/ fellowette Drummers was very positive.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be keeping my cymbals and most of the hardware. I have a 18x14 Kick, so I can still groove on just a kick n Snare.

Thanks guys....

That would be extremely dumb and pointless. In my opinion.

No, I wouldn't or say couldn't go without having a kit for any length of time.

I suggest you wait and save up till you can get it all.

yeah sorry I didnt have anything else to say. I can't think of any snare worth trading a good sized kit for.

If that's the direction your drumming is taking you, yes, I'd do it. That's the problem with the whole "intermediate level" kit thang. You buy one new, take it home, when you're ready to move it on, you find out it's only worth 1/2 what you paid for it, and moving into exotic and/or pro level gear will eat an entire ProRockstarForceAccentExportCatalina kit's worth fast. The Mapex kit is not a kit I'd wanna keep for the rest of my life. The Kuma snare is such an item.

I do not think I could trade out an entire kit just for a snare and have just a snare and bass drum...if that is something you can live with then by all means, but for me personally, NOT. Best of luck with that, I would have to save and wait to get the whole kit @ one time.

I would in a heartbeat, if i can get one of you to loan me a set, I'll sell it and buy myself a custom snare even though i have 2 already. lol

I might consider selling a kit for a snare if i had multiple kits. Otherwise i'd buy the good kit first and save for the snare. ebay always has good deals. Harry does make a good point though.

Back