Drum Decision - I NEED Your veiw!

After looking at the Highwood Website i may scrap with Sonor or the Ddrum idea as i could get a fully custom kit from them in the exact sizes i want for the same price. i was looking at there " Custom Lite" and it looks perfect. what do you think to that idea?

Great idea. They're excellent drums and you can choose exactly what sizes you want on everything. Plus as i say they're a UK make and you're supporting our economy.

How could you say the Highwoods are better than the Sonors? They are both top notch, sure, but Sonor has had far more experience with that quality?

I disagree. I mean sure the high end sonor stuff is probably as good but the 3007s remember are just a midrange mass produced kit whereas the Highwood drums are top quality custom built to your specs with shells they make in house to your size and thickness. For that same level of service on a sonor you'd have to get an SQ2 kit which is clearly way too expensive in this case.

Of the two go for the Sonor. Any day of the week.

Alternatively, if you can find a good used kit then consider that. Given the current circumstances, you might be able to score something really special for a bit more outlay.

Im not comfortable with getting a used kit... i don't no what it but i love the whole experience of getting the box and building it. i think im going to forget the Ddrum. I will go play some Highwood kits and sonor kits. If i was going without playing them i would go with the Highwood, if that makes any sence.i love the whole custom thing.

i have never heard a bad thing about the Sonor 3007's and they sound awfully nice...

How could you say the Highwoods are better than the Sonors? They are both top notch, sure, but Sonor has had far more experience with that quality?

Highwood produces premium quality shells. All their shells are made from premium quality woods and come from the same molds, even their "budget" line, the Custom Lite. The only difference is that the Custom Line is only available with thin shells and more limited options.
Sonor Force 3007 are made in China, use cheaper wood and are mass produced, I think in the same factory that makes the Mapex M kits. Not that that makes them bad kits at any rate of course, I have a Force3005 myself (as well as a teardrop). But Force 3007 kits are still mid-range kits.
Furthermore, Highwood comes with decent Evans heads, Force's use Asian Remo's, which aren't of the same quality of the USA Remo's.

I feel you just get more bang for buck for a Highwood. You get a unique, custom kit, completely to your wishes. If I lived in the UK and had £900 to spend, that's what I would do. Plus, you'd be supporting a hardworking local company with great service.

But I'd advise Calummordue to play all kits and see which one he likes best. Then buy that one. Buying drums is more of a gut feeling and a matter of personal taste than anything else, and all the advice in the world doesn't change that.

Highwood produces premium quality shells. All their shells are made from premium quality woods and come from the same molds, even their "budget" line, the Custom Lite. The only difference is that the Custom Line is only available with thin shells and more limited options.
Sonor Force 3007 are made in China, use cheaper wood and are mass produced, I think in the same factory that makes the Mapex M kits. Not that that makes them bad kits at any rate of course, I have a Force3005 myself (as well as a teardrop). But Force 3007 kits are still mid-range kits.
Furthermore, Highwood comes with decent Evans heads, Force's use Asian Remo's, which aren't of the same quality of the USA Remo's.

I feel you just get more bang for buck for a Highwood. You get a unique, custom kit, completely to your wishes. If I lived in the UK and had £900 to spend, that's what I would do. Plus, you'd be supporting a hardworking local company with great service.

But I'd advise Calummordue to play all kits and see which one he likes best. Then buy that one. Buying drums is more of a gut feeling and a matter of personal taste than anything else, and all the advice in the world doesn't change that.

Yeah, man thats some good advice! i will go and play both kits. and decide from there. if i had too choose with out playing then i would go with the highwood drums as there custom and unique, but as i said i will go have a look.

Thanks man!

Calum mordue

Sorry, I got my wires crossed. I thought we were talking Sonors top end vs Highwood top end.

Drum Decision - Highwood drums, do YOU own any?

Ok so i think im going to go with the high wood drums. does anyone have any experience with playing them and there customer service

Re: Drum Decision - Highwood drums, do YOU own any?

Ok so i think im going to go with the high wood drums. does anyone have any experience with playing them and there customer service

the user Khaine88 bought a Highwood steambent snare drum and he seems pretty satisfied with it but you'll have to ask him.

Back