My new Pearl Masters - Pics

Sopranos

Here is my new Pearl Masters and set-up... Unfortunately, the low-res pics do not do it justice:

Attachments

• DSC00239.JPG
    DSC00239.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 580
  • DSC00240.JPG
    DSC00240.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 577
  • DSC00241.JPG
    DSC00241.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 568
  • DSC00242.JPG
    DSC00242.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 570
  • DSC00243.JPG
    DSC00243.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 567
  • DSC00244.JPG
    DSC00244.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 567
  • DSC00246.JPG
    DSC00246.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 562
  • DSC00247.JPG
    DSC00247.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 570
  • DSC00248.JPG
    DSC00248.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 554
  • DSC00249.JPG
    DSC00249.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 554
First off Welcome to DrummerWorld...and thank you for sharing your gorgeous kit...makes me want that for sure; it truly is a nice looking kit. Enjoy!!! Nice cymbals as well.

First off Welcome to DrummerWorld...and thank you for sharing your gorgeous kit...makes me want that for sure; it truly is a nice looking kit. Enjoy!!! Nice cymbals as well.

Ya know, these New Guys/Gals come in here with
Brand New Spanking Drums/Equip...
and I have been playing the same kit for 35 years..
boy, Life is Good.... :^) LOL

Ya know, these New Guys/Gals come in here with
Brand New Spanking Drums/Equip...
and I have been playing the same kit for 35 years..
boy, Life is Good.... :^) LOL

Chazz maybe it is time for you to get another kit to cozy up to that old girl you got, you both deserve some company!

I quite like the sound of the EC2's..... I had a set on my previous PDP FS birch kit and had a pleasant experience so I decided to try them again. If anything, I wish that maybe I went with the clear version as these coated one's seem to have a little bit of built in muffling - which on this kit I think may be unnecessary since the tone of maple sings beautifully. With my lower end kits I always had to compensate a bit with muffling to improve the overall sound but I'm not sure I need to do that with this set.

Also, I took a piece of moongel from my other kit to see how it affects this kit and then took the pictures right after... looking back I should have removed it before taking the pictures as I find that I don't need it and it sends the wrong message about these drums - they definitely do not require moongel at all.

There it is! I love the chestnut finish...IMO it and the Black Sparkle Fade (bias) are the best in this series. Pearl's hardware and overall manufacturing is absolutely flawless. They sound amazing, too.

Any luck getting the kick tuning where you wanted it? I like Remo heads so I kept the ported, coated PS3 on the reso side of mine and stuck a 6-month old, well broken-in, clear PS3 on the batter. I can tune it anywhere I want it w/ now and it sounds fantastic.

NIce one mate- I have never tried Ec2s, I found my fav at the moment in Aqaurian- no damping required! I also use a roland for practice a TD9- fantastic for that- I have gigged it once or twice using 2 Mackie srm 450 and the sw 900 sub- what a sound! But the whole rigg was way too heavy to move around so I use my acoustic now and prefer it for playing out.
Well done!

Nice kit! Love the finish, too :)
Oh, by the way, those headphones you've got plugged into your Rolands: FANTASTIC!
The ATH M50s are the absolute BEST headphones you can get for the price, eh?

There it is! I love the chestnut finish...IMO it and the Black Sparkle Fade (bias) are the best in this series. Pearl's hardware and overall manufacturing is absolutely flawless. They sound amazing, too.

Any luck getting the kick tuning where you wanted it? I like Remo heads so I kept the ported, coated PS3 on the reso side of mine and stuck a 6-month old, well broken-in, clear PS3 on the batter. I can tune it anywhere I want it w/ now and it sounds fantastic.

Yeah! The kick is really solid and I think it is tuned nicely with those heads. I, too, agree that the black sparkle fade is a great finish.... it was a hard decision but in the end I really liked the natural wood grain look with the color.

Thanks for checking in and looking at the new kit!

Nice kit! Love the finish, too :)
Oh, by the way, those headphones you've got plugged into your Rolands: FANTASTIC!
The ATH M50s are the absolute BEST headphones you can get for the price, eh?

Good eye!! Indeed, the ATH M50's are the best in their price range and probably one of the best overall in any level IMO. They are phenomenal sounding and extremely accurate. Plenty of low end and the clarity is amazing at all volumes.

Thanks for visiting and checking out the new kit as well!

Back