New Spaun snare drum pictures,...smokin'

walkera1962

I just received my new 6.5x14 split shell Spaun snare drum and I must say it ranks in the top 5 of all my snare drums.Enjoy!

www.awdrums.com

Attachments

• DSCF2367.jpg
    DSCF2367.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 1,508
  • DSCF2366.jpg
    DSCF2366.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 1,994
Oh dang.

That is hot, fits perfectly in that picture.

How does it sound? Whats the point of the split shell? does it significantly impact the sound? I'd imagine it would be hard for the snares to react in a drum of that design?

The kick drum is a virgin 24"x24". It sounds great. As far as the snare drum I took a chance when I purchased it. It matches the rest of the kit but the sound just blows me away. I play 95% of the time with a metal shell snare drum, Ludwig s402, Ahead 6.5x14 with s-hoops, My fav metal snare drum is mu Jeff Ocheltree 6.5x14 heavy Metal Carbon Steel seemless shell but not any more. It has moved to my number 2 position and my new Spaun is #1. This baby has the best of both. The nickelworks throw off stays locked in place and the split shell is nothing short of amazing. Plenty of volume and crack.

thanks!
Alan
www.awdrums.com

All nice stuff, would love to see all of your snares
wink.gif

I can vouch for their snares, absolutely awesome, live and recording, I have the steel vented 6.5"x14" worth every penny!!!!

Would love to hear the kits.....

Back