7/8 Piece Kit Recommendations?

What 12 Piece kit do you guys recommend? I don't feel right if I spend under $8k for it. I NEED this kit because I am working on becoming a shallow egomaniac. And don't give me any of that "A 6 piece Sonor ebony signature kit is good enough" crap. I plan on being REALLY uppity about it when I buy it. I will keep making threads about it until I get the answer I like.

Thanks!

heheheheh. good stuff.

I too would recommend buying quality over quantity. You can always add on later, but right now I have a 9 piece export and I really like it, I added 2 toms to it. To be honest though I would go with high quality and add on from there its much more worth it in the long run, I have a seen a lot of death metal hardcore bands using 5-6 piece kits.

You guys are hilarious. Seriously. A guy joins a forum to get suggestions about a 7 or 8 piece drum kit. Nothing could be more simple, right? But no, you guys (with the exception of Crazy+Hands and diosdude) had to be jerks about it and start making little jokes and taking shots at me for wanting to play metal on a metal sized drum kit. Thinking "haha this kid is an idiot", when really, you are the ones who are acting like children.

Thanks for the laughs, everyone, you won't be seeing me around here anymore.

To be honest i think you're the one acting like a child here. Maybe that's because you ARE a child? I already explained this, you come on here making 3 threads IN THE WRONG FORUM asking for advice on a decent drumkit but no you just throw it back in our faces. Not to mention you don't even have any money. I think you're better off not here, just go and gawp at all the shiny kits and don't come crying to us when you realise just how low quality it is.

I own a 7 piece Defiant blue sparkle which I use for touring and all I can say it sounds great. I wasn't happy at the beginning with the heads, since I got some Aquarians I am more than satisfied sound wise. They sound warmer than a maple or birch kit. This is what I hear when I compare it to my Tamburo Formula Maple kit.

I highly recommend the Defiants for their low price and sound. (we the right heads)

Secondly I would defentily have a look at the brasilian RMVs, a friend of mine owns one and they are fantastic too.

check out the new yamaha tour custom set-ups good sounding drums good price, lots of new set-ups

Back