The Black Panther thread! For all BP snare fans and owners....

Re: THE BLACK PANTHER THREAD!!! for all BP snare fans and owners....

blackpanther.jpg

check the stamp on the inside of your BP. what number do you have? this maple 7x12 is simply fantastic. good to see people catching on to these things. i have had mine since december 2005. ill try and get a few clips up at some point.

I could see this becoming a rather drool-worthy thread.

Here's my Black Panther -- just got it a few weeks ago:

Attachments

• 109_0990 (Custom).JPG
    109_0990 (Custom).JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 4,996

OMG thats a nice snare. whats the number on the stamp. (see inside of drum)

fusionpacific said:
OMG thats a nice snare. whats the number on the stamp. (see inside of drum)

I'm not certain what the number means, but I took a peek through the reso, and it appears as if the number is '5/11' or '05/11.'

Signals said:
I'm not certain what the number means, but I took a peek through the reso, and it appears as if the number is '5/11' or '05/11.'
the sticker on the inside is the production date - November of 2005 is what yours means (I'm pretty sure). Mine says 06/03 (march 2006). The metal plate on the outside of the shell is stamped with a serial number - mine says S00477, I believe that's it's sequential number of production and there were 476 made before mine. Sounds right but I could be wrong.

05/12 is what mine says. very cool. a little confused seeing how mine was written upside down. but that makes sense. all these great BP's makes my maple look like the ugly brother.

parser said:
the sticker on the inside is the production date - November of 2005 is what yours means (I'm pretty sure). Mine says 06/03 (march 2006). The metal plate on the outside of the shell is stamped with a serial number - mine says S00477, I believe that's it's sequential number of production and there were 476 made before mine. Sounds right but I could be wrong.

Ok...just checked mine and it says '00927.'

I want to hear sound clips of them, could someone post one. I'm in the market for a new snare and these are pretty cool from what I heard people say about them.

pimp_my_RIDE said:
I want to hear sound clips of them, could someone post one. I'm in the market for a new snare and these are pretty cool from what I heard people say about them.

same here, i have became very interested in these snares considering alot of people have them here and seem to be satisfied.

Sound files anyone? That looks like a sweet snare (especially the one with die-cast rims).

radeq said:
check out me playing, it is in the studio, and the panther is maple 5,5x14 with golden hoops...I will soon post sound of my own - the bronze one

Hurry up! I'm not sure which one to buy until I hear your bronze one ;-)

$349 isn't bad. I really like the Craviotto maple snare but it is $499, so I'm thinking the $150 could be spend on other stuff.

i think that the black panther black steel piccolo is the ultimate snare!!!
no kidding!!!

Stu_Strib said:
Sound files anyone? That looks like a sweet snare (especially the one with die-cast rims).

I know you're talking about a different Panther than I have, but I'll get some sound files up at some point (hammered bronze 6.5x14). I was hoping mine came with die-cast because I've never played that kind of rim. Is it just more solid, or does it affect the sound (fuller more powerful rimshot)?

Last edited:

parser said:
I know you're talking about a different Panther than I have, but I'll get some sound files up today at some point (hammered bronze 6.5x14). I was hoping mine came with die-cast because I've never played that kind of rim. Is it just more solid, or does it affect the sound (fuller more powerful rimshot)?

Mine is the Hammered Steel posted above -- it has die-cast rims. I too, have never played these rims before, but now I can tell you this; the drum definitely sounds more solid and the rimshots are much more powerful. All this for the unbelieveable price of $230! Gotta love those Black Panthers!

Back