Low Serial # Vintage DW Kit - Pic's Inside

My first set of DW's were 1989's and the badge was silver and black. My second (and current set) was made in 1994 and have the gold and black badges like yours. I haven't seen this mentioned, but I don't know when they went from the silver and black to the gold and black badges. That is a gorgeous kit and whoever ends up with it will really enjoy it. I love my "94's.

Check my signature for my Dubs.

Cool beans on the 6+6 shells. FWIW your kit is DEF maple. DW's first foray into birch were the never released "mini-lug" kits that were available in red, blue, and green laquer. They had straight shells that were rumored to be made in the Yamaha factory. I saw these kits at a store I taught at years ago around 1998ish. They were pretty cool but never made it all the way to retail.

Sorry for bumping this older thread, but.

Is this the red mini lugged Birch, which was supposedly made by Yamaha?

$_85.JPG

$_85.JPG

Wow Bernhard, for real? That alone has to make it somewhat collectable, and the fact that it's YOUR kit....Even more collectable.

Really makes you reflect on what the craftsmen who built those drums were thinking as they made them, considering the magnitude of what had transpired that day. When I learned of the events in real time, my work was done for the day. Clearly that wasn't the case for DW employees, unless they used that date stamp for a period of time as a sort of tribute, or act of defiance against the Islamist extremists.

Back