Yamaha Club Custom (2001) with a history

WaitForItDrummer

Recent proud owner of this amazing Yamaha Club Custom (2001)- with mahogany and birch shells - Could not resist posting some pictures.

It's a 20 / 14 / 14 /12 / 10 and they sound amazing... really warm and melodic...
Still in progress of tuning them properly...

So after I bought them, I found out from the musician selling them that he and his band toured these drums with Snow Patrol, Biffy Clyro and others ... gig them at various festivals in the UK, including the T in the Park, Isle of Wight Fest... and have recorded the kit in some top studios like Abbey Road, Woodside Studios, Reality Studios...

So now I'm somewhat intimidated by my new drums...

Attachments

• YMCC small-1.jpg
    YMCC small-1.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 879
  • YMCC small-2.jpg
    YMCC small-2.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 1,156
  • YMCC small-3.jpg
    YMCC small-3.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 628
Sweet kit enjoy them. Is the mahogany on the inside ply or outside on this kit? They look like Stage Custom lugs with a Rock Tour Custom shell (mahogany on outside ply) and painted inside the shell like Recording Customs. Very cool.

Nice kit. I don't think I've ever seen those before. I bet they are great drums. I have PTC's from the 80's. Mah/Birch I've always liked them. Congrats.

Nice kit WFID. Your kit may have a history of being here and there, but I bet these drums are happiest when you play them.

Sweet kit enjoy them. Is the mahogany on the inside ply or outside on this kit? They look like Stage Custom lugs with a Rock Tour Custom shell (mahogany on outside ply) and painted inside the shell like Recording Customs. Very cool.

Thanks! I think the mahogany is on the outside. The inside of the shells don't seem painted - I'll take a picture of the inside and bearing edge when I get home and post it.

Nice kit. I don't think I've ever seen those before. I bet they are great drums. I have PTC's from the 80's. Mah/Birch I've always liked them. Congrats.

Thanks!

Nice kit WFID. Your kit may have a history of being here and there, but I bet these drums are happiest when you play them.

Thanks, Larry! Although they have been played by a pro drummer before - and I still have a very long way to go in terms of skills...

Thanks! I think the mahogany is on the outside. The inside of the shells don't seem painted - I'll take a picture of the inside and bearing edge when I get home and post it.

Thanks!

Thanks, Larry! Although they have been played by a pro drummer before - and I still have a very long way to go in terms of skills...

My bad thought I had seen other pictures of club customs with black painted inside the shell. Still a sweet kit.

My bad thought I had seen other pictures of club customs with black painted inside the shell. Still a sweet kit.

You were right after all - it is painted black on the inside.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 458
Wow, those are beautiful drums WFID and how cool that they've been on those stages and seen the inside of the studios you mentioned!

My first Yamaha kit was a 1988 Tour Custom with birch/mahogany shells and those continue to look and sound great to this day. Enjoy!

Jason

Good luck with the kit, I had the same kit, color and sizes. Great drums. Here is a picture of mine, minus a tom from a cruise we did a couple of years ago. Pink shirts?? I know, not flattering :)

Attachments

• pete.jpg
    pete.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 409
Wow, those are beautiful drums WFID and how cool that they've been on those stages and seen the inside of the studios you mentioned!

My first Yamaha kit was a 1988 Tour Custom with birch/mahogany shells and those continue to look and sound great to this day. Enjoy!

Jason

Thanks, Jason! They really are gorgeous.
Just spent two hours playing them :D

SWEET I like to be right LOL.

Hehe. From the picture do you also think the mahogany is the outer ply?
I might have been wong about that too...

Good luck with the kit, I had the same kit, color and sizes. Great drums. Here is a picture of mine, minus a tom from a cruise we did a couple of years ago. Pink shirts?? I know, not flattering :)

Very nice! Thanks for posting this, 2bsticks!

Thanks, Jason! They really are gorgeous.
Just spent two hours playing them :D

Hehe. From the picture do you also think the mahogany is the outer ply?
I might have been wong about that too...

Very nice! Thanks for posting this, 2bsticks!

From what I remember reading it was the inside ply that was mahogany on Club Customs but like I said it's all from memory.

Back