Jack Bruce has passed

Thanks for letting us know. Sad to hear, but he left for us some great music.

Sad news indeed.

I never thought HE would be the first member of Cream to go.

RIP Mr. Bruce.

Wow....a sad day for me.I always considered Jack a really decent guy,and a great bass player and vocalist.I guess no more Cream reunions.This really sucks,but time marches on....I guess.Bye Jack.....and thanks for all the great music mate.:(

Steve B

thank you jack for all your music.
read his autobio - quite a checkered life we would have never read about in rolling stone or anywhere else. his music is far more than just cream. that part of his career he is ironically the least proud of, and he greatly downplays.

I listen to some of that Cream stuff every now and then still, and its like oven -fresh even today.

Some crazy magic dust would sprinkle on the trio everytime they wrote or played.. and Jack, he was the real talent wasn't he?

Sad.

I listen to some of that Cream stuff every now and then still, and its like oven -fresh even today.

Some crazy magic dust would sprinkle on the trio everytime they wrote or played.. and Jack, he was the real talent wasn't he?

Sad.

Yes, he was. And possibly (and unjustly) the least heralded, by general public of the three.

I also liked what he did with Tony Williams.

Thanks for the music Jack, and rest in peace.

Amazing that he was first in that band to go, but 71 is good age for an ex rock god. He was a great bassist, singer and songwriter. I'm currently playing I Feel Free to remember him by.

Wow. Was just watching a docco on the making of Disraeli Gears last night and wondering how long it was gonna be before one of them (probably Ginger, I reckoned) falls off their perch. And here I wake this morning to find out Jack was probably falling as I had the thought.

Thanks for the music. Your place in history is secured.....I hope you are finally able to realise that now.

care to share what the documentary is called? just on Youtube or...?
would like to look it up and find it.

There's a whole series of documentaries called "Classic Albums" on the making of various famous albums. Dark Side of the Moon. Rumors, Machine Head, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, The Number of the Beast, Who's Next.....to name but a few. They've been showing them on one of the cable channels here in Oz and I stumbled across Disraeli Gears last night.

This is from YouTube although I'm not sure if it's the full doc or just a partial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEWAEUTwSUA

Here's some more info on the series that may help you track them down: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classic_Albums

They are all available on DVD too.

What a shame.i wouldnt figure ginger baker would outlive him.considering even 30 years ago it lookd like baker would drop dead any second.

How sad, RIP Jack Bruce.

In my white room
With black curtains
At the station

Back