Random Thoughts II

con struct

Platinum Member
And so we continue; I'll start.

I jammed with some of my old jazz buddies a few nights ago, man it was fun, and even though I'm not in very good practice I found that I can still pull off a lot of good stuff.

Man it was fun. I think some fairly good music was played that night, too.

I re-tuned my drums yesterday with new EC reso heads. All the moongels are gone except for one that needs to tame the reso of a floor tom and another on my snare. I also changed the levels on the mics feeding my headphones. Sounds much better.

I'm giving my freshman circuits class a test later this morning. I hope they do well. We have a surprising number of drummers in the freshman class this year (at least 3 in my programming class of 23).

It would be really cool if you took the square root of your phone number and got your zip code.

I'm considering holding off on the drum gear spending for a while to buy some legos instead.

I kind of want to try trading my 20" K heavy ride to my old band director for one of the school's two regular 20" K rides.

I feel like I'm going to sleep for 11 hours if I ever go to bed.

Another weekend spent doing DIY, this time at the mother-in-law's house, no wonder why I cannot be on this forum as much as I use too, I'm becoming like Andy, except that nothing I do is related to drumming whatsoever, off to the DIY shop right now :(

Another weekend spent doing DIY, this time at the mother-in-law's house, no wonder why I cannot be on this forum as much as I use too, I'm becoming like Andy, except that nothing I do is related to drumming whatsoever, off to the DIY shop right now :(
Indeed Henri, welcome to my world. Saturday & Sunday are 16 hour days for me. I've been counterboring hoops since 06:30 :(

"Counterboring hoops"? So you place them on the kitchen work surface and tell them tedious stories of your childhood?

Played with a very drunk keyboard player last night. Dont like playing with drunks anymore. Even if they might be good players. Wears me out, dealing with their neediness and all that false sense of under-the-influence self. It was ok when I was 20- but now - hell, no more.

Will there be back issues to Random Thoughts - I ?
The blues trio I joined has really upped my game, for once I'm playing with cool people.

Don't trust women. Too much hassle, lies and subterfuge. Whenever you're thinking about having a relationship with one, just buy drum stuff instead.

My motto, this year.

On the good side, 2 band auditions next week!

Will there be back issues to Random Thoughts - I ?
The blues trio I joined has really upped my game, for once I'm playing with cool people.
Awesome. Playing with cool people makes all the difference.

Don't trust women. Too much hassle, lies and subterfuge. Whenever you're thinking about having a relationship with one, just buy drum stuff instead.

My motto, this year.

Hit it and quit it, bud. I agree. Good luck with your auditions.

I made a snare trap and skinned a partridge today in CCF, it was really fun but it stank so much!

"Counterboring hoops"? So you place them on the kitchen work surface and tell them tedious stories of your childhood?
I'll be uploading a video tomorrow of said counterboring. Actually, thinking about it, yes - it is boring :(

hell, no more.

You're way too good for that crap Abe :)

My motto, this year.

Great news on the auditions, but I'm guessing you've just had a bad experience :( Welcome to the world of youth - the ultimate double edged sword!

I brewed a Grand Cru at 24 plato with a thermophilic cheese culture in the runoff and Brett in the secondary.
In between the boil additions I cruised the web for e-drum info because I can't practice in this new place.

Great news on the auditions, but I'm guessing you've just had a bad experience :( Welcome to the world of youth - the ultimate double edged sword!
It's not the first time this has happened, I feel that I'm in the dry as long as I'm myself and more or less completely honest without trying to be an asshole. So why girls thinks it's ok to lie is beyond me. I just seem to find the wrong ones..

It's not the first time this has happened, I feel that I'm in the dry as long as I'm myself and more or less completely honest without trying to be an asshole. So why girls thinks it's ok to lie is beyond me. I just seem to find the wrong ones..

You should meet my daughters. They're nothing if not honest - and that isn't always appreciated either!

I think the self-pitying probably isn't helping, nor is the fact you think you are the one being constantly wronged. The truth is almost always in the middle.

Why not use this as an opportunity to more clearly ask yourself what kind of woman you want and what you need to do to hold onto her?

I think the self-pitying probably isn't helping, nor is the fact you think you are the one being constantly wronged. The truth is almost always in the middle.

Why not use this as an opportunity to more clearly ask yourself what kind of woman you want and what you need to do to hold onto her?
I'm not self-pitying myself, I'm just miffed that she didn't flat out say didn't want to be with me instead of coming up with fake explanations.

I want someone who's not fake and doesn't lie in my face.

Women want what they want until they get it then they want something else. Learn this early.

Back