Okay, I've Got To Brag A Little

big festivals are a blast. Congrats to you, enjoy the excitment leading up to the gig and enjoy the time on stage even more....not many people get the call.....go out there and have a blast!

F

Wow, that's awesome! Just have fun and meet a lot of people!

Thank you, Jessiah. We're playing on Saturday, May 29 at 3:00. The fesitval is held over Memorial Day weekend. It's one of the biggest in the country, they say, and it's an Atlanta tradition, our way of kicking off the summer.

I won't be back down from school then! I'm actually an Atlanta (ok, N Georgia) native, just up in the dreary north for schooling, so I've heard alllll about the festival. My high school director went eeevery year and told us all about it! Always sounded awesome, I just never found time to go. Do try to get someone to take some footage or somethin!

Congratulations, I love playing festivals, it's the best way to check out other bands. I have a similar story. I had a band with my brother about 12 years ago. Really good band, made one record, got a nice write-up from a local critic, lasted a few years, played the Chicago Jazz Fesival side stage, and that was about it. Well, a couple years ago, my brother is reading the newspaper and sees the Chicago Jazz Festival line-up, and sees his name. Well, we kinda laughed it off assuming it was a mistake, buy my brother thought he should double check to make sure it was just a mistake, and sure enough, we were booked! We didn't ask for it, hadn't played together in 10 years, and they never asked us to do it, but we were booked. Crazy! Fortunately, we were all open, had a quick rehearsal, and had a great gig.

It aint braggin if you can back it up.....that's awesome.

If something like that ever happened to me, I'd be looking for that
dude who dates Demi Moore.

Can you post a link to your myspace page?? Do you have sound clips there?

Congrats man. Always good to hear this sort of news and you thought you were retired..hahaha. Tear it up man !

Can you post a link to your myspace page?? Do you have sound clips there?

My Myspace page is here. But I don't think it's all that good. We were basically just jamming on some of my tunes. We recorded live, all in the same room so there's a lot of bleed and clams and such. I don't think I played very well at all. We were just messing about, really, just goofing around. There was beer and all that, a bunch of people in the control room hanging around.

Congratulations! I have never seen another forum member in person that I know of,so since I live in the atl I will have to check it out.Not a large jazz scene in Atlanta,you would think it would be better considering it is a large metro area and has a lot of people from jazz cities living here and a large african american population,but I can only think of three jazz clubs,and a smattering of places that have jazz nights,so I imagine competition for gigs is fierce.It's nice to see one of the forum brethen catch a break.

Congratulations! I have never seen another forum member in person that I know of,so since I live in the atl I will have to check it out.Not a large jazz scene in Atlanta,you would think it would be better considering it is a large metro area and has a lot of people from jazz cities living here and a large african american population,but I can only think of three jazz clubs,and a smattering of places that have jazz nights,so I imagine competition for gigs is fierce.It's nice to see one of the forum brethen catch a break.

Hey, another Atlantan!

This city was once a most cool place, a really happening and vital scene, but that was back in the seventies and eighties. There was so much music going on, almost 24 hours a day it seemed. Those were great times, but it's all different now.

Catch a break? Well...just playing again will be wonderful. And I promise to make it point to keep an eye out for my fellow DW members. Come on up and say hi, okay?

Congrats, and I hope that it is the best performance of your career!

Back