• photo(5).jpg
    photo(5).jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 697
  • photo(6).jpg
    photo(6).jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 693
Last edited:
Oh my word that is like out of a dream!

Please please get some better pictures! they look sooo nice....

They match the mental picture I've had for a while!

Wasn't expecting the wood hoops though.. was expecting something more menacingly spartan.

Whats with the pit marks on the bell? Maybe some of the acid dripping off your fangs splattered on the 'Nople'?

Seriously, beautiful kit, E. A real drummers kit. Hope you are making more music with it than you were last year.

yup - Rens on all the batters except the BD has Fiberskyn3's on both sides and the FT has Rens on both sides and the ST and SD have clear Ambassadors. I wanted a Ren on the bottom ST but for such a little drum it choked the sound a little too much but on the FT it sounds *beautiful*

New pics soon

The combination of the wood hoops and fiberskyn make the kit really look classic!

yup - Rens on all the batters except the BD has Fiberskyn3's on both sides and the FT has Rens on both sides and the ST and SD have clear Ambassadors. I wanted a Ren on the bottom ST but for such a little drum it choked the sound a little too much but on the FT it sounds *beautiful*

New pics soon

Looks like you're off to a good start here. Keep exploring new gear and maybe someday you can invest some real money into an upgrade. Can't be playing these old beaters your whole life.

Looks like you're off to a good start here. Keep exploring new gear and maybe someday you can invest some real money into an upgrade. Can't be playing these old beaters your whole life.

I hope/think you are kidding? Beautiful jazz kit, I am in love with wood hoops.

I agree. Not enough drums. And get rid of those old cymbals, get Paiste Rude. Joey uses them! Yea!

Diecast hoops turn me on.

These wooden hoops do something entirely different to me. I saw a gig on Saturday (parked myself a metre behind the drummer) and I was riveted on his snare all night long, just eyeing off the wooden hoops.

This is an incredible looking kit, and I want some better pictures.

I'm actually taking some pictures right now with some better lighting (we just had a gallery exhibition yesterday so I have some soft white lighting and I think the pics are coming out cleaner (it IS with my iPhone, sorry - I don't own a camera) I didn't realize how blurry those pics were when I posted them from my phone, now seeing them on the laptop...bleh...

a little side story on the cymbals - The hats and 24" ride were the first at their respective times of creation to leave the factory - and to this day, when people who own K Const hats play mine, they always come back next time I see them with "...I like yours better"

You're damn right!

Also, funny story on how I got the 22" - I got the 22" first - and got it at this HUGE shop being manned by one guy. So he's busy with about 10-15 different people and I come up to him asking for prices on them (the Constantinople line had JUST been released) and he says "Oh, uh...$250" - My heart starts racing like "Holy crap! I thought these things were $450!...SOLD!" so I take it back to the music building at college to the jealousy of all the other drummers.

So a few weeks later, I go back when I have some more money and inquire as to the 20" light K Const - and a different guy - the owner, apparently - says "$375"

So I ask him why on earth the 22" I bought a few weeks ago is $250 while the 20" - with less material - is $375...Guy looks like he dropped a load in his pants: "Who the &#^@ sold you a 22" Constantinople for $250?" Now I'm scared (the dude was a big scary looking no-BS kinda guy with a big booming voice) 'cause the dude is staring at me, actually waiting for an answer and I stammer out "uh...the....guy with the ...naked lady tattoo...on his arm..."

"That's Jeff. Jeff's a #@!& idiot. His @$$ is gone!"

and then he says "I have a right mind to charge you the rest of what that cymbal is SUPPOSED to be" and I'm thinking "...can he do that?!...is he serious?!" and I made my way out the door before he could get his clutches on me and my cymbal bag (with the 22" in it).

I go down the street to the other shop and tell them all about it, drop $275 on a 20" K light Constantinople (which has been stolen since then...!!!!) - they gave it to me at that price as a "thanks for that story" offer. Nice guys. I never went back to that other place, for fear of being dragged by that behemoth into their dungeon of pain, for somehow making out like a bandit because of an idiot employee (Thank you, Jeff, Idiot Employee)

I'm actually taking some pictures right now with some better lighting (we just had a gallery exhibition yesterday so I have some soft white lighting and I think the pics are coming out cleaner (it IS with my iPhone, sorry - I don't own a camera) I didn't realize how blurry those pics were when I posted them from my phone, now seeing them on the laptop...bleh...

a little side story on the cymbals - The hats and 24" ride were the first at their respective times of creation to leave the factory - and to this day, when people who own K Const hats play mine, they always come back next time I see them with "...I like yours better"

You're damn right!

Also, funny story on how I got the 22" - I got the 22" first - and got it at this HUGE shop being manned by one guy. So he's busy with about 10-15 different people and I come up to him asking for prices on them (the Constantinople line had JUST been released) and he says "Oh, uh...$250" - My heart starts racing like "Holy crap! I thought these things were $450!...SOLD!" so I take it back to the music building at college to the jealousy of all the other drummers.

So a few weeks later, I go back when I have some more money and inquire as to the 20" light K Const - and a different guy - the owner, apparently - says "$375"

So I ask him why on earth the 22" I bought a few weeks ago is $250 while the 20" - with less material - is $375...Guy looks like he dropped a load in his pants: "Who the &#^@ sold you a 22" Constantinople for $250?" Now I'm scared (the dude was a big scary looking no-BS kinda guy with a big booming voice) 'cause the dude is staring at me, actually waiting for an answer and I stammer out "uh...the....guy with the ...naked lady tattoo...on his arm..."

"That's Jeff. Jeff's a #@!& idiot. His @$$ is gone!"

and then he says "I have a right mind to charge you the rest of what that cymbal is SUPPOSED to be" and I'm thinking "...can he do that?!...is he serious?!" and I made my way out the door before he could get his clutches on me and my cymbal bag (with the 22" in it).

I go down the street to the other shop and tell them all about it, drop $275 on a 20" K light Constantinople (which has been stolen since then...!!!!) - they gave it to me at that price as a "thanks for that story" offer. Nice guys. I never went back to that other place, for fear of being dragged by that behemoth into their dungeon of pain, for somehow making out like a bandit because of an idiot employee (Thank you, Jeff, Idiot Employee)
Don't be so hard on Jeff, man. His stupidity got you a nice deal. Buy him some chocolates or something. :)

Back