Mapex vs Odery vs Pearl

daniboun

Hi guys,

I need to buy a new Fusion 20 kit : 20 / 10 / 12 / 14
I'm hesitating between those 3 kits :

Mapex Saturn IV (Granite Sparkle) : Maple/Walnut hybrid 6 plies
Odery Privilege (Satin finish) : Araucaria 8 plies
Pearl BMP (Platinium edition) : Selected Birch 4 ply + 4 ply reinforcement rings

Need your opinion to make a choice :) Thanks

1385839027-odery.jpg

1385839048-pearl.jpg

1385839096-mapex.jpg

I would go for the Pearl kit. I play a Pearl Masters Studio Birch and they sound like the prefect shells to me. Such pure tone, attack and cut. I love them to death and they sre supremely gorgeous in the natural finish... That Odery kit does look nice though!

Hard call! Depends on what kind of sound you prefer... I've never heard Aruacaria before but I'd go for the Saturn over birch, personally.

Another Pearl vote here from a Pearl guy. Just can't help myself.

Don't forget that now all new Pearl shells carry a lifetime warranty. Seems like a good thing to consider for your purchase.

Hi guys,

I play Pop Rock Groove and Folk musics. (Hendrix, Stones, Doors, Vines, Red Hot, Muse, U2, Creedance, Tracy Chapman, Ben Harper etc).

Max price $2000 consider I'm living in Lyon (France).
Local price so that you can help of your best :

Mapex Saturn IV 20/10/12/14 + 14 snare = $1700
Odery Privilege 20/8/10/12/14 without snare = $1800
Pearl MMP : 20/10/12/14 without snare = $2000

Thanks for your help

I have a Odery eyedentity at the moment, and have had a pearl export and a Mapex Meridian. I vote Odery. I'm just looking at a massive upgrade to the Odery Custom with wooden hoops, just a bit over £3200 with the snare, but I think it will be worth it. Go Odery.......

DONE !

I finally went to the Mapex Saturn IV. I got the opportunity to test it and I love the hybrid shells. Walnut and Maple sound fantastic !
I also appreciate the single point of contact Lugs like the Spaun ones :)

I'll share a very neutral demo with only 3 mics record method = FAT EQ, no compression and natural recording.

See you amigos

in buying a house there is a term " curb appeal". how does it look when you pull up to the curb out front. visually out of those three, the mapex for sure. i know you can change finish on all 3 but i wouldnt give the other two a second glance in a store just on finish.

Back