mapex pro m is being replaced

so i heard the news that mapex pro m will be replaced by a new series at namm next month.
i guess the new series is going to be called as "meridian"
and i am guessing the m birch is out too. i was wanting to buy a shell pack of pro m in jazz sizes and my dealer here in India has put me on wait till February because of this change.

does anyone have more info on this?

There was mention of this on another thread. No more info., really, other than what you've outlined, but that's the deal. So expect to see Pro M and M Birch sets at reduced prices, orphan drums being sold on eBay, and all the "usual" fall out.

Im not a fan of the round badges, but there is one new kit in the Mapex Arsenal that is going to blow everyone away.

Suffice to say that it will be a limited edition.

Ive seen documents on their new stuff and (apart from those badges) its looking very good for Mapex in 09!

Im pretty sure they are, but Mapex have always been pretty good at making me special order stuff as I needed it, so Im sure it could be ordered if it isnt offered as standard.

Why not look for a used set of Fusions on eBay? Should be able to find a shell pack there.

it is a bit of a head scratcher - nothing wrong with the ProM's... but checked out the link and gotta say - the red glitter is pretty sweet, is this mapex competing with the Ludwig Centennial series? hmmm...

i do see some changes. the lugs have gotten bigger, though i am not sure thats such a good thing. the tom holder is different. i used to hate the old one. was too bulky, but i am not sure i like the new one yet. also i am keeping an eye on those finishes. hope there is a jazzy gold sparkle on white.

One thing for sure is the PRO M & M Birch are going to be replaced with a new line which gonna have a birdseye maple finish option. Add-on has be made to the Saturn & Orion series. Three new snare drum lines which one consist of a endorsee signature walnut snare drum. And finally a new hardware series.

I would assume that the pricing will be adjusted as well.

that means..i'm gonna have to go ebay or find a orpahn tom....that i've always wanted, or I'll have to order one soon before they end it.
Somewhat sad that the ProM and M Birch is leaving but quite ecstatic about whats to come...

i think it has ended already. but you will get good deals on those orphan toms or even orphan kits once the new line is announced. just hang in there for a while.

Are you sure? I just ordered a Pro M from Shane at Just Drums and he indicated the Pro M line was not to be replaced and there would be an announcement after NAMM.

Either way, Mapex has generated a lot of interest online over the last couple years, and the best way to capitalize on increased demand (i.e. masking higher prices) would be to introduce a new line. Luckily we can all reap the benefits of closeout kits...

Are you sure? I just ordered a Pro M from Shane at Just Drums and he indicated the Pro M line was not to be replaced and there would be an announcement after NAMM.

Either way, Mapex has generated a lot of interest online over the last couple years, and the best way to capitalize on increased demand (i.e. masking higher prices) would be to introduce a new line. Luckily we can all reap the benefits of closeout kits...

Unfortunately Shane is wrong (or he said it because mapex wanted to keep it secret till today Jan. 1st) but the PRO M & M BIRCH are discontinued.

Back