SONOR snares from the golden era

An amazing collection of fine drums. I imagine this collection is worth the cost of a new automobile!

I just hope you have them on video file and covered by your home owners insurance.

An amazing collection of fine drums. I imagine this collection is worth the cost of a new automobile!
Thanks!
Perhaps a Mercedes Benz "Smart" :)
But, if somebody from the forum wants to change his Ford Shelby "GR-1 Concept" car into my snares: I'am your man ;-)

Cheers

Mick

I see you are from Germany, do you work for Sonor or affiliated somehow?
Crazy collection, beautiful beautiful drums.
Thank you!

No, I am unfortunaly no Sonor worker :) Also I sadly have no extra connection to Sonor. I only live in driving distance to the factory in Bad Berleburg, and bought my first Signature kit direct from the factory in 1994. After that great experience, I was infected by the Sonor virus. During the times I owned many other snares (Pearl, Yamaha, Kirchhoff, Tama, Mapex), but I must say, that Sonor drums are something specially (workmanship, sounding, locking etc.) for me. So you are more than right, I am very Sonor loyal :)

Cheers

Mick

I will say to you, I respect your brand loyalty that much more knowing you have owned the other brands. Not simply a blind loyalty. I am a hobby drum builder, so I know quite a bit about the process and keep an eye on what is offered out there. I have always believed Sonor to be the best of the big guys for quality control. They also make wicked sounding drums. If I was flush with cash, there would be a set of Pro Lites in my collection.

That's a mighty nice collection you have there. I think the SonorLite, HiLite and Signature series drums are true classics - a golden era indeed. Thanks for sharing, and enjoy those babies!

Man that's awesome! Hey, any chance you could help give me some info? I picked up a '68 Sonor D-444 this summer. Other than finding the model name I know nothing about this drum. Sounds killer though.

Blimey! That's a fair set of snares you have there.

Which is your favourite?

That Super-sensitive style chrome phonic (fourth up from the bottom left) is one of my someday snares.

Back