Yamaha Stage Custom Standard

gconyers

I picked these up because I needed a 2nd kit for gigging that is packed up and ready to go so that I don't have to tear down my MCA's. The sizes are 10, 12, 14 and 20. I really like the 20x17 kick drum in comparison to my 22x18 MCA kick. With the right heads and tuning, these drums rival (sound wise) the much more expensive MCA's, and at a fraction of the price.

And the natural matte finish kicks butt too!

Attachments

• IMG_2453.jpg
    IMG_2453.jpg
    849.8 KB · Views: 6,282
  • IMG_2458.jpg
    IMG_2458.jpg
    748 KB · Views: 1,685
  • IMG_2455.jpg
    IMG_2455.jpg
    774.7 KB · Views: 1,667
Yes, a great kit !!

I have been gigging with mine for two years. Mine has the 22" bass drum.

They're great kits for the money, and yours looks great for an older model. Good find! Enjoy.

Wow, they look like they're in real good shape. I had a Stage Custom set about six years ago or so that I bought used with loads of hardware and cymbals. It was a deal too good to pass up and I was pretty impressed with the sound for the money I paid. That's what got me to start noticing Yamaha. Those you have there were in better shape than the set I had.

Those look nice. I play a red kit at church and I love the way it sounds. I like your sizes better than the ones I play though. Love the fusion sizes, I play the standard 22, 12, 13, 16.

I couldn't resist these...I love the sizes and the finish. The 20" kick is tight and punchy and the toms sing with coated ambassadors. No kidding- if you were standing blindfolded in front of the MCA's and the SCA's with identical heads, you wouldn't tell the difference. Can't wait to gig it.

Is it just me or the quality of stage custom is not as good as it use to be couple years ago. The paint job is for sure worse and the quality of hardware has also dropped. Does anyone else notice this? was thinking of buying it at sam ash, checked two inventory set out and both has paint issues, so I ended up with Gretsch.

Is it just me or the quality of stage custom is not as good as it use to be couple years ago. The paint job is for sure worse and the quality of hardware has also dropped. Does anyone else notice this? was thinking of buying it at sam ash, checked two inventory set out and both has paint issues, so I ended up with Gretsch.

Can you link a painted stage custom? I'm having trouble finding one.

That's a lovely looking kit!

This is the best finish I've ever seen from this legendary Stage Custom

I agree, and it's the only one I've seen like that.

I like it better than my 'Natural Wood' SC's, which are glossy.

The new ones have some nice upgrades, but they don't click with me in the same way the older ones do.

Back