wire:Scorpions drummer jailed in Dubai

Offensive behavior, from a drummer. No way !

I was in Desert Storm in 1991 and we had to leave the country of Saudi Arabia abruptly because our singer "borrowed" a Humvee from a base to get back to Khobar Towers, where we were staying.

The Saudis saw the "hippie loan" as "theft" and they wanted his right hand something fierce so it was "leave by sundown or come Friday you'll forever be a lefty".

So there it was. We almost all got a deportation stamp, and that could have had detrimental effects on all of our careers, especially post 9/11.

So if someone acts like a lunatic either as their "stage persona" or that's just the way they are 24/7 then be very concerned to which places you travel together. No matter what the industry. Unhinged behavior is a huge red flag in this business.

There are some places that one just cannot ever F--- around in. Some examples:

The line at Customs or Airport Security
A Courtroom
AN ISLAMIC NATION

The guy is a pure idiot to think that his actions would result in anything less. This is a nation in which public displays of affection, such as a romantic kiss will get you in trouble.

They won't let him out early either. Betcha 50 bucks he does the whole 30 days or close to it. It's not like he can buy his way out of this. He doesn't have the money or clout. Millionaires are a dime a dozen in Dubai.

If the judge heard The Scorpions, it is so offensively bad..he would be decapitated.

I'm not sure if the judge even knows they're still together. I can hear it now...

"So, Mr. Rarebell..."

:)

I'm not sure if the judge even knows they're still together. I can hear it now...

"So, Mr. Rarebell..."

:)

LOL....

My thought: When the audience noticed Herman Rarebell didn't show up for the gig, they demanded this guy be arrested for impersonation.

My other thought: No TV through the hotel window? No Car in a swimming pool? Amateurs!

What'd be funny is, if Kottak upon release announced he has embraced Islam.

Islamic law forbids usury? Hmmmm, let me think about that.

There are some places that one just cannot ever F--- around in. Some examples:

The line at Customs or Airport Security
A Courtroom
AN ISLAMIC NATION

In some countries you can be sentenced to death for blasphemy, in other words, just saying or writing something less than flattering about the official state religion.

Politics and religion is an extremely toxic brew. "Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest" - Diderot.

There are some jobs it's better to just say no to. If you are going to travel anywhere, you have to know the rules and customs - prior to going.

What'd be funny is, if Kottak upon release announced he has embraced Islam.

Apparently while cooling his heels, he's recording some songs with Cat Stevens!

Back