Another FNG...a Ludwig man

Welcome to the Drummerworld family...beautiful kit and great pics...

Nice to see another "ol rocker" on the site!

Jack

The 2000 kit on stage in '06...Cat's Cradle, Chapel Hill, NC...

I'll be damned. I grew up in Chapel Hill. I used to play at the Cat's Cradle all the time!
Beautiful drums. I'm a Ludwig guy myself.

I'll be damned. I grew up in Chapel Hill. I used to play at the Cat's Cradle all the time! Beautiful drums. I'm a Ludwig guy myself.

Which location? I've been playing at the Cradle since it was on Rosemary St., circa 1974. Lots of fun to schlep gear down that gravel alley...;-)

Which location? I've been playing at the Cradle since it was on Rosemary St., circa 1974. Lots of fun to schlep gear down that gravel alley...;-)

It was the original location. I left Chapel Hill in 1971 at the age of 17 to move to Atlanta. Yes, they used to let us play there at that age, even drink there! Cat's Cradle isn't where it used to be I don't think. Can't recall the name of the street it was on, it was one street down from Franklin I think, maybe it was Rosemary Street, but this was back in the late 60's, around 1969-70. I remember it was in Carrborro, that sort of "other" section of Chapel Hill, right? I might not be remembering this right at all. I've done my best to forget about Chapel Hill. All those pine trees. Some of those people, the kids I went to school with, never left, which I find kind of sad. Anyway I don't understand it. I have quite melancholy feelings when I think about those years. It was a very strange time. I couldn't wait to leave. Soon as I was old enough to drop out of school I split.
The town's changed a lot since I left. Haven't been back in at least six or seven years.

Last edited:
I remember it was in Carrborro, that sort of "other" section of Chapel Hill, right?

The Cradle's current location is in Carrboro. In the '70s it was on Rosemary St. in Chapel Hill, then it moved to Franklin St. (across from the bus station) in the '80s, and to Carrboro in the '90s. Carrboro is a separate town (but it still feels like part of CH to me.)

Back