[SNARE TEST] DRUMSOUND Italy : Handemade German Beech 14x6 Rebel series

daniboun

[SNARE TEST] DRUMSOUND Italy : Handmade German Beech 14x6 Rebel series

Hi guys !

Let me introduce my new snare from Drumsound. For those who do not know this brand, this a amazing Italian drum maker based in Torino. I’m absolutely fond of Italian drums, for me they are building the best drums (particulary Tamburo and Drumsound).

This is a « Mother of nature Rebel serie » from DS, those models are made « on request ». This is a 100% handmade snare. I personnaly went for the All German beech on in 14x6 because of its versatility. There are lots of choice avaible on those series : Vertical Bubinga, Exotic Tamo, Exotic Tulipwood, Carpathian Elm etc

The only limit with Drumsound is the sky 

About the German beech one :

- 100% selected German Beech wood, 13 ply (12 + 1 outer double lacquered finish ply)
- Handmade in Torino
- HDS – High Density Shell Tecnology (vertical Grain)
- Special Snare bed
- 3mm Triple Flanged hoops
- Die Cast DS strainer
- 22 strand phosphore snare wire
- Full Evans Heads

How it sound :

This is a great and very versatile snare with good low ends and equilibrated tones. Somewhere inbetween Maple and Birch I would say. Sounds great for Pop Rock Groove and Folk musics.

Video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rpUdORWCAP0#t=0

Pictures :

Last edited:
Hmm... I clicked on link. Said video was private. Would be interested to hear these.

DS is a great make. I've played a DS kit in a rehearsal room and it was solid, great sounding and very well made. Looked great too.

The thread is 5,5 years old and the last time thread starter was here is almost 3 years ago..

I think he will not see this..?

Back