My scores today!

Seafroggys

Silver Member

Scored an old-school Ludwig marching snare for $100 (which I actually need for a recording project)
Speed King for $45
And a heavily pitted but still sounds kickass Supra 400 for $125.

I am a happy camper. Been needing a new snare for my jazz set since the stock snare broke and its not nice enough to fix (one of the lugs is shot), figured may as well get a supra. Had no need for the Speed King, but I've kinda always wanted one for the novelty and it was cheap so figured why not. Try it out next gig and see what happens.

good deals. You'll probably get a lot of good use out of the supra. Extreemly popular snares. I have a pitted Yamy that I really like.

A few years back you would have found that marching snare for 50 bucks. I picked up a Slingerland that needed a bit of work for 30.

It's good to see the market rebound.

Which is weird, because the store I went to had 7 of these type of snares lying around, all within the $100-400 range (the cheaper ones had no snares though), and the guy was saying they're just lying around and no one has been buying them. The one I got was originally $150 but he cut it in third for that reason.

I want an old marching snare like that! I wish I could find one for cheap like that near me.

Back