Jazz Clubs in Myrtle Beach, SC

75sling

Hello,
I'm going to be visiting Myrlte Beach, SC for the first time in late April (next month).

Being unfamiliar with the area, are there any Jazz Clubs or restaurants and the like that feature live Jazz that you would recommend?

thanks
75sling

Options for nightlife are endless here at the beach! You can catch a nationally known group/act at the House of Blues located in Barefoot Landing or at the Palace Theatre at Broadway at the Beach, or cozy up to some great jazz at our only jazz club, Jasmines.

Hello and thank you for the replies.

I know we will have a great time at Myrtle Beach regardless but it would be great to hear some live jazz.

We will certainly check out Jasmines.

Thank you very much.
75sling

Options for nightlife are endless here at the beach! You can catch a nationally known group/act at the House of Blues located in Barefoot Landing or at the Palace Theatre at Broadway at the Beach, or cozy up to some great jazz at our only jazz club, Jasmines.

Hi GRUNTERSDAD,

I tried calling Jasmines to see what the schedule was but i got "the number you called has been disconected".....

Do you know if the club closed down or do you have a phone number of the the club that I can call?

thanks
75sling

Hello Gruntersdad,

Go to this web site

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g54359-s402/Myrtle-Beach:South-Carolina:Nightlife.html

Read the first paragraph...They copied your info, word for word....i mean word for word...

Incredible!!

LOL! I used to play at the Jasmine Supper Club in Myrtle Beach, SC. It was shut down towards the end of 2006. Currently, there aren't any other jazz clubs that I know of in Myrtle Beach. However, there are some great bands that play in the area. Especially Painted Man. Find where they are playing when you go. They have a myspace page which lists their dates. They are an awesom band, they play a wide range of music including some jazz. (I'm a former member but I moved back home to Atlanta) Check them out!! Tell Vince and Brett (Guitar and Bass respectively, that Charles sent you)

P.S. I laughed at the beginning of the post because I played at the Jasmine from March - December 2005. It was the worst job I ever had. Period. Musically or otherwise. Terrible boss!!!!

Back