08-24-9.jpg

Here are the cymbal specs.
14" AAX Stage hats
18" HHX Studio Crash
18" AA Medium-thin crash
20" HHX Xplosion crash
18" HHX China
21" HH Vintage ride
Some 12" mini china and splash I put to make a stax.

Nice! You're going to be needing a lot more specs than that...
all drums are Tama Imperialstar drums except for the snare and octobans.
The snare is a 14" Pearl of some sort and the octobans are the ddrum ones.

22" x 18"

8" x 7" (no bottom head - tuned high)
10" x 8"
12" x 9"
13" x 10" (no bottom head - tuned high)
14" x 14"
16" x 16"

Nice, I recall your thread on staining your imperialstars. Beautiful work, and that set-up looks wonderful. I'm gonna try that octoban configuration. Reminds me of VAdrum's set-up.
More pics please ;)

Nice! But doesn't your left foot/knee hurt with your hi hat pedal angled like that?

Reminds me of VAdrum's set-up.
More pics please ;)

Just what I was about to say, reverse-order rack toms and octobans, ride to the left of the toms... same with the more pics part. Any shots from the front?

Nice, I recall your thread on staining your imperialstars. Beautiful work, and that set-up looks wonderful. I'm gonna try that octoban configuration. Reminds me of VAdrum's set-up.
More pics please ;)
It's actually a portnoy inspired kit, the same way vadrum's set was. I like both of them so that's okay. I can take more pictures, but they're not very pretty. Like you saw in the old thread, I stained the bass, 16" and 13" tom. The 12 is unfinished and the other drums I just got (8" 10" and 14") are still wrapped with the silver wrap. So basically I have the silver drums, the black octobans, the blue snare, the unfinished 12", and the three stained drums. It looks quite ugly to be honest. I'm going to try and buy another silver kit so the ones I stained can be my 4 piece and I can have a all matching big kit.

do you play open handed with that ride over the hats?

I actually don't play open handed. I kinda wish I did, but the way the ride is, i can play it comfortably with my right hand.

Nice! But doesn't your left foot/knee hurt with your hi hat pedal angled like that?

My throne isn't where I sit in that picture. I sit more to the right than where it's placed in the picture. It doesn't hurt my leg at all. :]

I took some pictures today of the kit with my mom behind it. She has Alzheimer's.
I set it back up to be more of a traditional set up.
08-27-08_1435.jpg

08-27-08_1432.jpg

Back