update on the 1965 ludwig

BrokenGlass

Just wanted to show you actual pictures of this baby. I changed the heads, and buffed it up. I thought i'd have to bust out some chrome polish but to my suprise all I had to do was give it a once over with a towel and it looks like brand new!

100_0066.jpg

100_0064.jpg

and here are some pics of the case and other gear.

100_0069.jpg

100_0068.jpg

looks fantastic! congrats!

but... you should attack it with some polish and a soft bristle toothbrush.
cleaning those cracks between the lug and shell will make a huge difference.

looks fantastic! congrats!

but... you should attack it with some polish and a soft bristle toothbrush.
cleaning those cracks between the lug and shell will make a huge difference.

I plan on taking it completely apart and giving it a good polish soon. I just buffed it up for the first time last night. :)

Any word on whether it is brass or ludloy?

still not 100 percent yet. Everyone says it would be pitting if it were ludloy and it has NONE. So I won't be completely sure until I take it apart. ALso I notice a slight yellow tint on the inside of the shell, I don't know if that makes a difference.

still not 100 percent yet. Everyone says it would be pitting if it were ludloy and it has NONE. So I won't be completely sure until I take it apart. ALso I notice a slight yellow tint on the inside of the shell, I don't know if that makes a difference.

I'd think the sound would be entirely different - brass just isn't aluminum. A COB would sound darker and warmer, more like a Black Beauty. The aluminum supra would have a drier, brighter sound.

That's as I understand it...feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I've owned a BB but have only spent a few minutes on an aluminum supra.

I'd think the sound would be entirely different - brass just isn't aluminum. A COB would sound darker and warmer, more like a Black Beauty. The aluminum supra would have a drier, brighter sound.

That's as I understand it...feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I've owned a BB but have only spent a few minutes on an aluminum supra.

I haven't got to sit down and play it yet. Either way I gave it a few taps and sounded amazing already, just from a quick tune. I think it's going to be love!

Put a refrigerator magnet on your drum if it don't stick its not brass. Quick inquiring minds want to know! lol!
mike

Shell-----------------Brass Shell-------------------Ludalloy
Tone Control------Round Knob (small)-------Baseball Bat

I'm pretty sure then it's ludalloy suprapronic....

thats true it does have the baseball bat. But I saw a brass one for sale that had the baseball bat as well.

Back