Crush Eminent Birch - Red Sparkle

Thumpah19

Hey all,
Just trying to track down some info on this new offering from Crush.
I can't seem to find much on reviews on this new line they unveiled at NAMM 14, let alone ANY pics except one twitter pic on the red sparkle finish. The Crush site has very little info by way of specs as well.
Anywho, some stores are showing the blue/silver sparkle fade as in stock, while none seem to show the red sparkle as available. I know the Crush C.O.O. comes on the forums now and again, so any info from him or really anyone who has seen in person would be great, as I'm looking to order something pretty soon. My local brick & mortars only stock the chameleon ash kits.

It just seems perfect for what I need in a gigging workhorse kit.

Thanks all,
T~

Sounds nice. I too would like to see it.

Well, still nothing out there on this kit and the finish..... But, I just ordered one yesterday nonetheless. I should have it in a week & a half and I have high hopes. I checked out a sublime axm kit in a store nearby; it sounded and looked great! I also can't believe how light weight they are. Got a great price on the eminent kit too, I will report back; once I get them home and lay some hickory on them.��

Btw Mitch...love your Avatar! I have a Gretsch - New Classic kit as my main "axe" in ocean sparkle burst....GREAT stuff..big fan of their drums.

Please post a review and pics. I've been interested in this kit too but no info is available like you have also found out. Looking forward to your thoughts.

have you gotten your kit yet?

Hey all, sorry I have been away and for some reason, did not get any email notifications on post replies?!? Also, admittedly, I’m not on here much.
But, since I started this thread, I do have a few minutes and wanted to jot down what I think so far and post a few pic links.
I’ve had them for a little over 2.5 weeks now and so far I like them. They sound like most birch drums I have owned/played in the past and how you'd expect them to. Ya know, the usual “more controlled/mellow sounding than maple”, “focused EQ’d sound”...even after replacing the stock "import" Remo heads with Remo emp & amb clears on batters/resos respectively. Really nice tone on the 2 mounted toms and the floor tom. Btw - they come in 3 shell packs and I went with the 22" shell pack, sans the snare (worked deal with music store), so just the 4 drums for cheaper than the $899.
Now, the bassdrum, I'm not super thrilled with; yet! (to no fault of Crush)...I got this lower priced kit with the intention it would be my, no fuss or worries - beat up gigging kit. So, I will be “working” with some opinionated sound guys at some reoccurring gigs @ local venues…So I just did the ported head to avoid ANY usual bs debates over ported vs. non-ported and the usual head shaking. Now my Gretsch new classic kit, that I keep at home with NO port is what I play the most and what I play for my pure sonic enjoyment anyway ;). ...I myself; hate how a bd sounds and FEELS, from the throne and on the pedal, with a hole in the reso….I just think a drum sounds best when both heads are involved in the overall sound, like your toms and snare are. Maybe it’s my jazz influence, but I like some decent sustain in the bd note and not a smack, just my personal taste, so I’m not looking for a debate here either. With that said; mic'd up on a gig, I don't let it bother me. I just play and hope out front and in my monitor, it sounds good enough to inspire a good night back there. I am planning on trying a non ported reso out soon, as I'm sure the sound will improve to my ears drastically. As for the looks dept., the kit really looks nice. The lacquer was done very well and all bearing edges were perfect as advertised. Not super heavy drums, but definitely not the lightest I have ever toted around. As a matter of fact, they are quite a bit heavier than the same sized sublime axm kit I test drove and checked out at the same music store I ordered these at. Their X suspension mounts are nice and polished, same with the supplied mounting brackets. Here are a few pic links, via instagram....Sorry, the only quick url links I could grab is from my instagram acct. All in all, I am happy with the purchase and the people at Crush; I have to say, have been great to deal with so far on a few follow up emails I sent to them.

http://instagram.com/p/s8Q4tBOAbu/

http://instagram.com/p/s3KAI6OAeR/

http://instagram.com/p/s3Oi5auAU-/

http://instagram.com/p/s51BsKOAb1/

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics and update on them. How were they to tune up?

Thanks!... and no problem on the pics etc. I forget the specs on the shell ply....They are kind of in between and actually tuned up nice and fairly easily, once I changed out the stock heads. The heads they came with were pretty lifeless. I really like and wanted the Sublime E3 kit in red orange sparkle, but since these were bought as a 2nd/ "work" kit...I spared myself the extra $500 and went with the Eminents.
But, red sparkle is an old fave and I do like both maple and birch, for what they both offer.
And to be honest, for the $, the quality is far superior to many kits I have bought for more $. Not many 100% birch kits at this price level, that do a 10 lug per side 22". Also the spurs on the Eminents are awesome, they put to shame the spurs I had on my old $2300 Legacy kit ( Ludwig's newer spurs). So yeah, I'm glad I got them.

Back