After 30 years, I just bought a new drum kit!

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
At least new to me... They're a two year old set of Yamaha Maple Custom Absolutes in mint condition-made in Japan. I'm really happy with the sizes and finish.

Submitted for your approval...
13x9,16x15, 24x16

Attachments

• _DSC0723.jpg
    _DSC0723.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
I went 20+yr. and got a set of BCAN YAMIES. I think you'll like them.

At least new to me... They're a two year old set of Yamaha Maple Custom Absolutes in mint condition-made in Japan. I'm really happy with the sizes, color and price I paid for them!

Pics as soon as they're delivered, set up and I pull myself off of them long enough to take some photos.

Congrats on that, and your 2,000th post.

What have you been playing for 30 years?

A Niles era Slingerland kit and a host of snare drums.
While enlisted in the U.S. Navy Band back in the late 80's, I was issued Yamaha drums and thought they were really great. Built for the road, they were well made, looked and sounded great. So I guess that impression has stayed with me for the past 25 years.

Two thousandth post. Man, I should spend more time practicing and less time online!

Last edited:
Congratulations. You're gonna love the drums. I bought my first kit (used) in 1977. Got my 2nd kit (new) in 2011. Getting older has some advantages, namely higher income and lower expenses due to the kids being on their own. I got the Stage Customs and couldn't be happier. They're the perfect drums for me.

What color where the Yamahas you were playing while you were in the USN Band? I'm assuming you were in the show band? Where were you stationed at the time?

A Niles era Slingerland kit and a host of snare drums.
While enlisted in the U.S. Navy Band back in the late 80's, I was issued Yamaha drums and thought they were really great. Built for the road, they were well made, looked and sounded great. So I guess that impression has stayed with me for the past 25 years.

Back