Sabian HH Duo Ride

drumdevil9

Platinum Member
Just got a Sabian 20" HH Duo Ride for the price of an XS20 ($150). Sweet sound and sweet deal. And there is a pronounced difference in sound between the raw and finished area. It really is two rides in one!

j5fs.jpg

As the proud (just-received, too!) owner of a 20" HHX Omni (same lathed/unlathed principle), I can attest to the "two rides in one" thing. It's already one of the best cymbals I've ever owned. Great crash too!

Yes, definitely crashable. I checked out the Omni on youtube. Very nice. Nice bell sound too. The bell is bigger than on the Duo which I would have liked to be bigger but at that price I can't complain too much. I've got a Z Custom Mega Bell anyway, haha.

I've got a Z Custom Mega Bell anyway, haha.

I actually just pulled an even trade with my Mega Bell for an A Custom 20" Ping Ride. I don't play much metal any more so the MB was a bit much. The Ping still has good stick sound and a great bell without being so clangy. I think it was a great trade for my current needs. The guy was happy to get back a Mega Bell and I was happy to get the Ping Ride. Win-win.

I'm well covered for most situations in the ride department now.

22" Zildjian K crash ride
20" Zildjian A Custom Ping Ride
20" Sabian HH Duo Ride
20" Sabian XS20 Medium Ride (for sale because I just don't need it)

That's a great cymbal, congrats. I couldn't believe a guy I know sold his, it was a great-sounding ride.

I have the Rod Morgenstein Tri-Top ride, which is very similar but 21". It's easily the best "all around" ride I've encountered so far.

Back