Ludwig Classic Maple Charcoal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ludwig Classic Maple (Charcoal Shadow Laquer finish)

24 x 14 kick
13 x 9 tom
16 x 16 floor
14 x 6.5 snare

Attachments

• MyLudwigs1.jpg
    MyLudwigs1.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 14,448
  • MyLudwigs2.jpg
    MyLudwigs2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 11,866
  • MyLudwigs3.jpg
    MyLudwigs3.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 17,067
  • MyLudwigs4.jpg
    MyLudwigs4.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 12,393
  • MyLudwigs5.jpg
    MyLudwigs5.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 11,902
  • MyLudwigs6.jpg
    MyLudwigs6.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 11,899
  • MyLudwigs7.jpg
    MyLudwigs7.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 11,330
  • MyLudwigs8.jpg
    MyLudwigs8.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 11,236
  • LudwigsOverhead.jpg
    LudwigsOverhead.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 10,763
Last edited:
Nice clean kit. I like it very much. It sounds like you have a good grip on tuning as well and know how to get the drums to sing. Good for you man, enjoy those babies!

dude
that looks sexy as hell! nice buy!
i dont even like ludqwigs, but THAT ONE
WOWZERSaahhhh
soo beautiful

Nice! I don't see many people talking about drummers like Phil (radiohead), so it's nice to see some diversity. That's a classic kit man, when possible, post more pics with cymbals ;) !

Awesone kit and finish. I too drive a Ludwig. If the Emperor batter on the kick doesn't work for you, maybe try a Powerstroke 3. And I agree with you about the single braced hardware looking more vintage. I've replaced almost all my double-braced stands with Yamaha single braced stands. You'll probably have to run your crash higher, depending on it's size. If I run a 14" front left I can get it kinda low(er), but right now I'm running an 18 there and it just needs to be high. Again, sweet kit.

Wow, Wow, Wow, BEAUTIFUL! I dig your choice in percussion, I just bought a wmp Ludwig kit made in the early seventies with a WFL wmp floor tom, I'll be posting them soon. Love your kit.

Thank you very much guys. I will update with a few more pics after i get settled in with everything. And I'll start a thread with vids in the other forum eventually. Thanks again!

...very nice.

I like your choice of size and finish. That classic Ludwig script logo on the bass drum adds a nice classy touch as well.

I hope that you get many many years of enjoyment from them.

Barry

I'm in love with your kit. I would go with clear heads, but i've gotta say that this is one of my favorite kits on drummerworld. Just pure class. PLEASE post some pics of the full setup with cymbals, i'll be waiting.

Thats such a good looking kit.

I updated my initial entry with two new pics with my cymbals and gave some info of them at the end of the post too. Thanks for all the positive feedback. Although I had my moments before with larger, flashier kits in the past, this one definitely feels right to me for where I'm at.

VERY nice kit, I like it :)

Just a suggestion on the tom/crash problem. What you could do is either get a boom stand to hang the tom off of, that will help position it more independently. Or, what I would personally do is, and this I think would add to the retro quality of the set, is put the tom on a snare stand. Some complain of a loss of resonance but I do this with my kit and haven't noticed a difference. You have no independent mounting system at all right now, so it really won't change things as far as resonance goes.

O.O God! It's beautiful. You have to tell me where you bought this.

wow man great choice in the kit....its amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back