Hello all I am New here

sel498

Hello all i just joined this forum but am on two others, and I just thought I would go through all my gear etc.. and throw a few pics as well.......

DW collectors Tangerine Sparkle w/ Satin Hardware shells
W X D
12 X 7 rack tom
14 x 11 floor
16 x 14 floor
20 x 20 BD
14 x 5 1/2 Tama Artwood Sn

cymbals
Paiste Signature 13" dark crisp hats
paiste signature 16" Power crash
Paiste Twenty 16" Crash
Paiste Signature 20" Dry Heavy ride
Paiste 502 18" China
Paiste 802 10" Splash

Mics & elect equip
1- Kelly Shu internal Bass drum shock mounting system
3 sennheiser E-604's
1- Shure Sm 57
1- Shure Beta 92-a
2- audix ADX-90 Condenser's
1- Tama RW-105
1- Drum Dial( Need to use this more often or sell it.)
1- Nady P.E.M. system
1- Set of O.S.P. in ear monitors( Check these out they are affordable and comparable to Shures)

Hardware
2 DW 9702 Multi Cymbal stands( ABSOLUTELY GREAT)
1 DW 9710 Straight Stand
1 DW 9300 Snare Stand
1- DW 9002 DBP
1- DW 5500TD HH stand
1- DW DWSM991 tom clamp L-rod
1- Pearl roadster throne

Cases
I had all H&B hard cases but sold them to a buddy) so now I have medium duty road cases.
1 Tuffbox bass drum & cymbal case
1- tuffbox floor toms, rack toms, and snare case
1 -hardware case
1- case for mics and pa stuff..
Vic Firth Sticks....
Wow too much crap
CIMG0899.jpg

CIMG0893.jpg

CIMG0900.jpg

and a pic of my older kit Pearl Master Customs, I let em go to upgrade to DW's, I think it was a good choice.....
IMG_0090.jpg

SD530437-1.jpg

CIMG0871.jpg

Yeah it was a great decision!!!!!!!!!!!!,

Any Comments of kit, setup, etc, will be greatly appreciated, thank you and have awonderful day!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

I like that DW. I've always liked that Tangerine Sparkle finish.

Did it come with a matching snare?

Welcome to the forum.

I like that DW. I've always liked that Tangerine Sparkle finish.

Did it come with a matching snare?

Unfortunately no, I am currently trying to get all road cases and then new hardware, then I will upgrade snare, or keep the Tama and get a good one, I just have a hard time finding a snare, I have always liked the older Ludwig Coliseum 14 x 8 or greater but they are so hard to find and get one for adecent price and I am not sure if I can get the rock sound out of it, After owning one a while ago and hearing fellow drummers I am very interested in a brass or type of metal snare 14 x DEEP.. thanks

Try the EC2's on the DW...and lose the evans rings. You'll find they work really, really well on the DW

Lovely kit there but what are the O.S.P. in ear monitors?

O.S.P. is a low cost brand that sell a variety of musical equip, You can check them out on Ebay or youtube, key word osp, I got a pair of monitors for 69.99, and they are as good as if not better than and shure in ear monitors, And very affordable, the Dual driver Monitors get pretty pricey though, check em out.

Try the EC2's on the DW...and lose the evans rings. You'll find they work really, really well on the DW
Thats what I used on my Pearls and i though about it and i was also thinking about using Evans G2 coated w/ Evans G2 clears on reso's, any suggestions opinions are welcome...

Thats what I used on my Pearls and i though about it and i was also thinking about using Evans G2 coated w/ Evans G2 clears on reso's, any suggestions opinions are welcome...

Sel welcome to the forum of DW and thanks for sharing two nice kits, I really liked the Tangerine Sparkle as well as your cymbals...thanks for sharing.

JIM

Welcome to Drummerworld buddy. I can only echo others by saying that I really love that Tangerine Sparkle. See ya around.

To quote School of Rock, "that is so punk rock!"

Oh, and any videos of you playing it? I'd love to hear how it sounds! Especially with all that fancy recording gear.

Nice kit , the tangerine sparkle is really classy. I like the way you have taped where the hardware goes on your drum carpet. Welcome to the forum..

normally the satin hardware makes the drums look cheap and plasticy to me. But yours looks great. Cheers to a gorgeous kit.

Nice stuff man! welcome to the forum, you are now part of the coolest group on the internet!!!

Sweet collection of Paistes. Gotta love the twenties. Another fan of the tangerine sparkle here. Do you have any recordings/video?

Back