Overhauling the drums again! This time, the design is up to Drummerworld!

Ironcobra

Platinum Member
Well, June of 2007 I overhauled the drums. It's time to do it again. The only difference is that I'm going to spend a lot of time on it because I've got another kit to use. I'm re-doing it because I did a boring job last time and intoxicated fool decided to fall on the kit and put gouges in it.

I'm having a total brain fart, I really don't care what I do to the drums. Why not let drummerworld have a part in it?

Here is what the kit is now:
- Solid red.
- Bubinga colored interiors.
- Chrome hardware.

This is where you guys come in. It's up to you what I should do, suggest something.

Another idea I had that I think everyone would love to be a part of...

I do a simple base coated of black. Followed by hand painted pictures and designs covering the entire shell, from you guys (and girls). Yes, detailed hand paintings with brushes. Of course with clear coats after that. I don't mean big, vague pictures of whatever, I mean hundreds of little intertwined detailed images that look like a blur from far.

All you have to do is post a picture that means something to you (or something that you would just like to see on the drum). It can just be a description. I'll hand paint it onto the drum and post it when finished. (not drums, the last thing I want to do is paint drums on my drums, lol).

I'm doing this almost as a drummerworld community event, something that everyone can be a part of, besides the drumming world. I hope this is something everyone can get involved in, and not just a flop thread.

JC

And this is what they look like now, without the bass drum.

Attachments

• outside 1.JPG
    outside 1.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,528
  • outside 3.JPG
    outside 3.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,520
Well, you could check out my thread in the "drums" section, with a very similar title.Some very good points there, But I m going to use this thread as well for input. Wish you better luck than mine got.

Oh yeah, thats a damn good idea, with the artwork and all. I ll definitly have a couple for ya on that one. : )))

Hand painted, detailed artwork?!!! Awesome!

How about a section with a collection of small portraits of some of the fellas...

Buddy... Tony Williams... Elvin Jones... Steve Gadd... Ringo... Jeff Porcaro... Bonzo... Vinnie... Steve Smith....

That would be cool, but a huge challenge, both in doing the artwork, and in selecting the portraits.

I always thought this was a cool painting and would look great on a tom drum.

beatles%20-%20yellow%20submarine%20(characters).jpg

if you really wanted to you could always do the mona lisa. that would look cool, but practically impossible to pull off.

Dude what a great idea!

i'm all out of ideas, but good luck :)

I think that you could take the Andy Warhol concept and paint each drum to look like a large Campbell Soup can. Each drum could be labeled as a different kind of soup.
Perhaps different brands of motor oil cans would also look good. The Nascar fans would like it.

Last edited:
I'll do all of these. Don't expect an amazing reproduction, but I'll try my best. Anything will do as far as ideas, it can be a teapot, just as long as I have lots of ideas.

If you have a favorite brand, I'll do their logo.

I bet the Guinness logo will be in high demand. I was hoping for more responses by now, I want every person that views this to post at least one thing.

You could do each drum black, withlike a creamy white bit across the top and then put a black reso head on the bass drum with the Guinness logo on it.

An uprooted treekilledmyfather20

I'll do all of these. Don't expect an amazing reproduction, but I'll try my best. Anything will do as far as ideas, it can be a teapot, just as long as I have lots of ideas.

If you have a favorite brand, I'll do their logo.

Awesome! In that case, here are some suggestions:

Attachments

• Rock-Logos.jpg
    Rock-Logos.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 1,925
I will certainly look for more, but maybe these for now...this could be a GAS to check these out!

Last edited:
How about the drummerworld logo?

I want to see che guevara shaking hands with ronald reagan.

Something toulouse lautrec-esque. and rene magritte-ish. and a warhol soup can for good measure

food. A gigantic submarine sandwich, chinese chicken and rice, pizza, bufflao wings.

a map of Lima, OH and Pomona, CA

a Kitchenaid mixer

some hydrangeas and delphiniums

all 26 rudiments on top of the bass drum for easy access

food. A gigantic submarine sandwich, chinese chicken and rice, pizza, bufflao wings.

a map of Lima, OH and Pomona, CA

a Kitchenaid mixer

some hydrangeas and delphiniums

all 26 rudiments on top of the bass drum for easy access

This kind of stuff is perfect, exactly what I need. I want to put things like band logos on, but I want to stay away from putting their names in text, I still want it to be a work of art. (I'm digging the mixer!)

Pink Floyd and Kiss have perfect logos.

Keep em coming, you guys must give me at least 200, I can't think of everything myself.

Back