Newbee here

omcd

New to this site. It seems to full of great information and knowlege. I Live in Florida and have been playing for 24 years. I work offshore so I cant be in a band but I do have a small set up in the bow and my Mate on the ship plays guitar so we jam sometimes when were off watch. I used to play Tama but now I have a Pearl which I have been adding more drums and cymbals. These pictures are old and now all the heads are Remo ambassador pinstripe ebony which are very tough and added more cymbals, Sabian AAXs. The kit is also very dusty in the photos and I will take some updated photos when I get home because I have to move it to my garage to insulate the shed. Thanks, Dave.

Attachments

• 29657_122685664411455_100000100659410_310327_3402148_n.jpg
    29657_122685664411455_100000100659410_310327_3402148_n.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 561
  • 29657_122685674411454_100000100659410_310330_3872289_n.jpg
    29657_122685674411454_100000100659410_310330_3872289_n.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 555
  • DRUMS 1.jpg
    DRUMS 1.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 543
  • DRUMS 3.jpg
    DRUMS 3.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 544
  • DRUMS 2.jpg
    DRUMS 2.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 540
Thanks, thats my solo side. It has changed now, 4 decabaums, 3 Rototoms, 3 Timbales, a black wood Pearl snare instead of the brass piccolo and a 12" shallow Pearl tom and two more AAXs. This kit does not move it takes way to much time, but I do have to move it to insulate and wire up the shed. I have a Pearl Traveler set if I wanted to play somewhere else. I would like to start jamming again, but with my job it is difficult.

Welcome Dave,
That is one hell of a kit that you have there.
Its kind of odd that Polly and I were first to respond to your thread.
We are both avid small kit players.

Welcome to the forum. I am right down the road from you in Seminole.

Thanks......Yes this is a monster kit which I have always wanted and is so much fun to play on and do solos. It is user friendly if you want to jam or play to music. The kit I have on the ship is a 5 piece but I now have it as 4, one mounted tom and the floor tom just so I can practice a little different, and it sounds great in that massive void space. Heres a picture. Sorry the pictures are small.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 501
  • WORK KIT.jpg
    WORK KIT.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 496
Hello, omcd.

Welcome to the brotherhood!

You have an amazing big dum-kit, it reminds me the kit of Bill Ward's / Black Sabbath (specially with octobans). I read that you work offshore, I know how it feels, I had been on your shoes before. Working on land and water drilling rig units on schedule 7x7, 14x14, 21x21 away from home and family.
What's your music style? do you like punk rock? I'm asking because of the (A) of Anarchy on the cowbell.

Cheers,

Hello, omcd.

Welcome to the brotherhood!

You have an amazing big dum-kit, it reminds me the kit of Bill Ward's / Black Sabbath (specially with octobans). I read that you work offshore, I know how it feels, I had been on your shoes before. Working on land and water drilling rig units on schedule 7x7, 14x14, 21x21 away from home and family.
What's your music style? do you like punk rock? I'm asking because of the (A) of Anarchy on the cowbell.

Cheers,

Thanks Ian, I work 3 weeks on/ 3 weeks off on an oil tanker so you know what its like. I did play punk/metal in a band called Preperation H back in the early 90s and didnt even know what Preperation H was LOL. I now play fast country, rock and a little metal but nothing really heavy or really fast. That cowbell is a Zildjian and it comes with those decals on it and it is loud.
Dave.

Welcome to the forum. I am right down the road from you in Seminole.

Thanks, it is a great place to live. Lots of interesting gear on Craigs list down your way, lucky I dont live in Tampa or my kit would be twice the size.
Is it normal for this site to post backwards or is there a setting so the origional post is at the top??

Thanks, it is a great place to live. Lots of interesting gear on Craigs list down your way, lucky I dont live in Tampa or my kit would be twice the size.
Is it normal for this site to post backwards or is there a setting so the origional post is at the top??

Nice set! I just joined up here as well and found that odd. Yes, there is a setting where you can switch the threads back to chronological order, with the OP at the very beginning.

Just click on the User CP to the upper left of the page, then under Settings and Options on the left hand side, select "Edit Options." Scroll down to the Thread Display Options and change the Thread Display Mode to "Linear - Oldest First."

Bingo bango, the forum is as it should be! (Well, at least as far as you or I am concerned.)

welcome to the forum Dave! one helluva kit you have there, really like that you got a little jammer set up on the rig, very cool being able to play at work like that

Nice set! I just joined up here as well and found that odd. Yes, there is a setting where you can switch the threads back to chronological order, with the OP at the very beginning.

Just click on the User CP to the upper left of the page, then under Settings and Options on the left hand side, select "Edit Options." Scroll down to the Thread Display Options and change the Thread Display Mode to "Linear - Oldest First."

Bingo bango, the forum is as it should be! (Well, at least as far as you or I am concerned.)

Thanks Penguin, done it ....much better.

welcome to the forum Dave! one helluva kit you have there, really like that you got a little jammer set up on the rig, very cool being able to play at work like that

Thanks, its just a Pulse 5 with some Zildjian ZBTs which have all cracked except the ride and a 10" B8 china/ splash, but it does the job and like I said sounds great in the massive bow area.

Finaly finished, apart from a couple of heads. New Ludwig snare and Quick beat high hat cymbals. Going to get rid of the two low end cymbals on the right hand side. I still have a lot of spare drums which I can make another kit and sell. Next step is to insulate my drum shed so we can park the cars in the garage.

Attachments

• Drums#3 006.jpg
    Drums#3 006.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 311
  • Drums#3 011.jpg
    Drums#3 011.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 287
  • Drums#3 013.jpg
    Drums#3 013.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 290
  • Drums#3 015.jpg
    Drums#3 015.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 305
Wow, if ever there was a guy who would benefit from a rack, it must be you. That's a whole drum store you have there! Got any video of you navigating this beast?

Message to Bo, and you accused me of having too many drums!!!!

Thanks. I have a Flip mini recorder so I will see what I can do but wont be for a few weeks as I work offshore. That 14x10 snare drun is a total beast, and it would be good to show you what that sounds like.

Finaly finished, apart from a couple of heads. New Ludwig snare and Quick beat high hat cymbals. Going to get rid of the two low end cymbals on the right hand side. I still have a lot of spare drums which I can make another kit and sell. Next step is to insulate my drum shed so we can park the cars in the garage.

Does the name Terry Bozzio ring a bell?

Back