'Tis better to give...

baz

Silver Member
...than to recieve.

My Daughters boyfriend is a bass player. He plays in one of those cookie monster vocal bands that sounds more like a one man soccer riot. He is a really good kid, and we have no reason to dislike him. He started playing the drums a few months against my advice. I told him that a good bass player was worth his/her weight in gold whereas drummers are a dime a dozen. (No offence my brothers and sisters.)

He persisted,even going so far as to buy a six piece Tama hyperdrive kit, and a nice expensive Paiste ride. I lent him a bunch of my Zildjian cymbals, a couple of stands, and my double pedal.

I picked up his Christmas present from our Family

I hope he likes it.

Merry Chtistmas to my drummerworld family.

Barry

I lent him a bunch of my Zildjian cymbals, a couple of stands, and my double pedal.

WOW, lucky young man !

I am only looking ahead in your defense brother. Did you loan or give him your Zildjians?

is it just me or is everyone cringing too ????

...I lent them to him.

If he wants to buy some of them, fine. If not he at least gets to try out a bunch of sounds without having to do a lot of buy and sell. He really likes his Paiste ride, and said that he was leaning more towards that sound. If he doesn't like this one, he can trade it in.

For some reason, the pictures of this cymbal remind me of an issue of national geographic from my childhood.

Barry

Last edited:
You're a good buy Barry...cheers...and happy holidays.

I'd like a new Black Beauty snare, if you're still in the giving mood? :)

...for you guys, it is gather around the festivus pole so I can tell you what a dissapointment you have been.

Have a great Christmas.

Barry

...for you guys, it is gather around the festivus pole so I can tell you what a dissapointment you have been.

Have a great Christmas.

Barry

Ahh just like maw and paw used to do...I look forward to the Feats of Strength.

Festivus!!!! The holiday for the-rest-of-us!!!!

That's a smart idea, he's going to love it.

I love the cookie monster references, I'm going to start using that.

Back