Ludwig Black Oyster Pearl

S

Stickit

Well, I traded the Mapex for this 1960's Ludwig kit in black oyster pearl.
8x12 Ludwig Club Date original wrap
9x13 Ludwig classic maple rewrap
16x16 Ludwig classic maple original wrap
14x20 Club Date original wrap
The kick had some modifications, modern tom mount and legs.

Attachments

• 09262746.jpg
    09262746.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 5,626
  • 09262759.jpg
    09262759.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 5,865
Last edited:
Very nice! Now you are ready to join a Beatles tribute band!

Darn. Beat me to it.

Y'know, I've always wondered how these drums sounded. They certainly look nice, especially as a 3-piece.

Well, I traded the Mapex for this 1960's Ludwig kit in black oyster pearl.
8x12 Ludwig Club Date original wrap
9x13 Ludwig classic maple rewrap
16x16 Ludwig classic maple original wrap
14x20 Club Date original wrap
The kick had some modifications, modern tom mount and legs.

Wow, I thought maybe you had finally changed your ways. That must have been a record for length of ownership on the Mapex kit. I also see your already trying to sell this kit over on VDF. Oh well.

Wow, I thought maybe you had finally changed your ways. That must have been a record for length of ownership on the Mapex kit. I also see your already trying to sell this kit over on VDF. Oh well.

Look again oh wise one.

Look again oh wise one.

Well yeah, you edited your post today, after I posted here yesterday.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=16787

Look, obviously you will do whatever you want with your kits. But, I have never seen anyone flip kits as often as you do. BTW, that Mapex kit sounded sweet on your YT clips. Just curious, what is your ideal sound/feel that you are looking for?

Well yeah, you edited your post today, after I posted here yesterday.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=16787

Look, obviously you will do whatever you want with your kits. But, I have never seen anyone flip kits as often as you do. BTW, that Mapex kit sounded sweet on your YT clips. Just curious, what is your ideal sound/feel that you are looking for?

Yes I did like that Mapex kit, but I've been looking for either a white marine pearl or a black oyster pearl kit for awhile. I couldn't pass this up, I can get another Mapex kit anytime, but one like this doesn't come around very often. Especially considering the Mapex was only worth about $400, the 16" floor tom on the Ludwig is worth more than the whole Mapex kit. Besides, I'm a Ludwig guy, especially vintage Ludwigs.

Yes I did like that Mapex kit, but I've been looking for either a white marine pearl or a black oyster pearl kit for awhile. I couldn't pass this up, I can get another Mapex kit anytime, but one like this doesn't come around very often. Especially considering the Mapex was only worth about $400, the 16" floor tom on the Ludwig is worth more than the whole Mapex kit. Besides, I'm a Ludwig guy, especially vintage Ludwigs.

There's a sweet WMP kit on DFO, but I think the guy might have decided to keep it after all. Super clean.

Attachments

• 100-0002_IMG.jpg
    100-0002_IMG.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,474
  • 001-131.jpg
    001-131.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,542
I did not see that one on there, it's very cool, but I lucked out only having to trade a Mapex Meridian birch kit for the Ludwigs.

Very nice looking Stick. Looks like the drum sets I remember as youth. (licensed old fart)

Back