Knee Pain?

Steven P

Knee pain threads have been started 1000 times but I don't know if it goes to what im having...

Today I have been experiencing some pain in my knee area. I don’t know if I have pulled a muscle or strained or something, anyway is this common every now and then? It feels like a booming sort of pain if that makes sense. It’s just every now and then. It’s not really uncomfortable but I just wanted to check it out in case it was something real bad. I used to play for quite hard with my feet for a long time so It could be that. I plan on playing 1-2 hours every other day. For e.g. Monday 1-2 hours Tuesday relax Wednesday 1-2 hours and so on so I get alot of rest. I had my beaters quite far back with max Spring. I have most power there. I have tried other setting but I prefer this. I lowered my spring tension to med and im actually going faster with more control. It feels less strain. I kind of have Joey Jordison foot technique. Kind of twitches of my leg/ankle.

I have been interested in axis pedas for months. Mainly because of what i have heard about them. I have heard they are quick reacting (what ever my feet do, the pedals do instantly), there are very light, very smooth etc. I guess if there are very light and easy to set off, you wont need to use alot of energy and power to make if move. (This is just what I heard. I'm not talking from experience)

Thanks

First go see a doctor to sort out the knee, then learn heel-toe technique to reduce any tension with your foot technique.

All the best

britchops

I played 4-5 hours today and had some knee pain for about an hour after, but I have a history of knee injury and weak muscultare around the knees. For now, all you can do is rest until the pain is gone and play as much as you can, but if your problems are reoccuring you should see a physiotherapist to work out an exercise plan to strenghten your knee musculature.

I get it too. I've raised my seat a little and try to play as relaxed as possible, which is the ultimate technique anyway. Seems to be alright so far, touch wood.

Sorry to hear of your problem. Seek out a reputable chiropractor. Stay away from conventional doctors who know only surgery and pain medication. Nothing to treat the underlying cause. I use HA Plus powder. Go to www.nutritionalfrontiers.com for more info, The stuff is amazing. Whatever you do, no drugs! :) Good luck.

If you play with intensity for any amount of time, your body is going to hurt someone. The body works in an interesting way. If your feet hurt, your back will hurt. If your back hurts, your neck will hurt. I'd just rest for a little while. Be aware of your technique, too. Many a folk have pain, and think it's something wrong with their body, when it's just a lack of proper technique. All a doctor will do is tell you to rest, put some ice on it, and maybe give you some anti-inflammatory medication. If it's on the right side of your knee, it's the hamstring tendon. Just try not to overdo it.

Knee pain threads have been started 1000 times but I don't know if it goes to what im having...

Today I have been experiencing some pain in my knee area. I don’t know if I have pulled a muscle or strained or something, anyway is this common every now and then? It feels like a booming sort of pain if that makes sense. It’s just every now and then. It’s not really uncomfortable but I just wanted to check it out in case it was something real bad. I used to play for quite hard with my feet for a long time so It could be that. I plan on playing 1-2 hours every other day. For e.g. Monday 1-2 hours Tuesday relax Wednesday 1-2 hours and so on so I get alot of rest. I had my beaters quite far back with max Spring. I have most power there. I have tried other setting but I prefer this. I lowered my spring tension to med and im actually going faster with more control. It feels less strain. I kind of have Joey Jordison foot technique. Kind of twitches of my leg/ankle.

I have been interested in axis pedas for months. Mainly because of what i have heard about them. I have heard they are quick reacting (what ever my feet do, the pedals do instantly), there are very light, very smooth etc. I guess if there are very light and easy to set off, you wont need to use alot of energy and power to make if move. (This is just what I heard. I'm not talking from experience)

Thanks

I've got the knees of a 65 year old man, but I've never had knee pain after playing for any amount of time, and I play right after I get home from school/track practice, if it doesn't hurt walking around, then there is some unnatural movement in your technique that is causing it, you might put your pedal in your trunk when you go to the doctor, so you can bring it to show him what you're doing to make it hurt.

Back