left hand development?

I need some help developing my left hand i cant control the stick like i can in my right hand as far as the speed or timing goes(im right handed see), now i can play jus fine but im really getting into jazz music and i LOVE all the ghost notes and improv that goes along with it, but my left hand is slowin me down lol

sooo got any tips or videos i can watch? maybe some drills to hone in the skill im needing?

Nothing you can watch will help. Just take a few months of playing and practice leading with your left hand. Many ways to go about it but taking the bull by the horns should produce the best overall results in a shorter time. The downside to my advice is that you might feel like a total newby for a few months.

Just get out your copy of Stick Control and work through it. Accents & Rebounds too. Work the left hand lead exercises for twice as long as the RH lead ones. Practicing in front of a mirror would be a good idea, making sure your stick heights are even, and that you're not doing any funky motions in the LH.

If there's anything that math class has taught me, it's that whatever you do to one side, you also have to do to the other. This concept is no different for drumming. The reason a lot of guys play matched grip is because it's easy to for the weak hand to mimic the dominant hand; it's a symmetry thing. In this situation, going through the book "Stick Control" will help you the most. It'll take some time to get where you want to be, but, whatever you practice with the right hand, do the same with the left.

For me stick control improved it a lot. Don't forget the flams. Also I do a benny greb exercise: Play 16th notes with your left hand and accent all possible permutations:

x000
0x00
00x0
000x
xx00
0xx0
00xx
x00x
x0x0
0x0x
xxx0
0xxx