Recording Pics!

Calummordue

Hey Guys

I was recording today..... Have some pics for you :)

We recorded this cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzTZobYp91U&feature=channel_page

We also recorded for my band (Track will be up soon, track 1 isn't what we recorded today)

www.myspace.com/quarantineband2008

Please tell me what you think!!!!!

DSC00177.jpg

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

DSC00183.jpg

DSC00186.jpg

Nice kit, how about specs on the drums+recording setup?

one thing i would say, perhaps you'd have been better off micing up the snare rather than the room?

Drums:
22 X 18 Kick
16 X 16 Floor Tom
12 X 9 Tom
14 x 5.5 Snare

Cymbals: (sabian)
14 "AAX Stage Hats
16 " AAX Stage Crash
20 "AAX Stage Ride
18 "HHXplosion Crash

Recorded using 4 mics:
A pair of T.bone E100s( in the recorder man postion)
A Samson CO1 Studio Condenser ( 4 feet in front)
A T.bone MB45 on the Kick

Mixer Dod1222RM 12 channel to Maya 44 PCI Audio Interface.

We didnt mic the snare because we recorded in a pretty big room with loads of reverb, so that captured it really well. Also with where the overheads where placed a snare mic wasn't really needed.

Last edited:
okay. Pretty respectable setup. The problem i find with not micing the snare is basically that it can sound good on the recordings but then when you put the other parts in the cymbals are too loud and when you turn it down you can't hear the snare. So yeah just something to bear in mind when recording. Anyway hope to hear it soon :)

okay. Pretty respectable setup. The problem i find with not micing the snare is basically that it can sound good on the recordings but then when you put the other parts in the cymbals are too loud and when you turn it down you can't hear the snare. So yeah just something to bear in mind when recording. Anyway hope to hear it soon :)

Hopefully if it doesn't keep errorring then you can hear it, bear with me

lol, Karl is a drummer on here from germany. He's like the all time champion poster with about 6000 posts, lol. plus he has his own tag "Karl Member" and everyone likes him to pieces. He is 17 I thjink but sounds like a pro drummer and he looks a LOT like you, lol.

lol, Karl is a drummer on here from germany. He's like the all time champion poster with about 6000 posts, lol. plus he has his own tag "Karl Member" and everyone likes him to pieces. He is 17 I thjink but sounds like a pro drummer and he looks a LOT like you, lol.

Haha, well im from england and not a pro drummer (even though i would like to be). has he got a similar setup? now that would be weird!

so i have finally been able to upload the audio track so you can hear how it really sounds rather than the s*** that youtube creates

Attachments

• Run Drum cover.mp3
    5.5 MB · Views: 217
ok so he does look a bit like me.... but is he a jazz drummer? with those rides? which im NOT!

Calummordue,
Don't be defensive. Karl is a shining light on DW and I'm sure he is aware of this thread. He IS a jazz drummer and so much more. Don't worry about being compared, just do your thing. I was just making an observation (for a few chuckles amongst our drumming brethren here on DW). Good for you on your recordings and I'm sure we all wish you the best of luck. Please post and contribute to our drumming community.

Michael

Nice drums, dude. I'm too into listening to my Ipod right now ("I Can't Quit You Baby" by Led Zeppelin) to listen to the recording but I bet it sounds awesome.

Karl rocks...enough said.

BTW, you might want to watch your language (even if it is just in asterisks) on here. The mods don't like swearing, but you gotta give them some respect. They've done a wickedly awesome job here.

Back