new vintage Zildjian!

bojangleman

Platinum Member
well, i was playing at a gig the other day, and this older man walks up to me, and says he has an old 24" cymbal he wants to sell me.

so, i got interested. that was Saturday.
He walks into my dad's office today with this grungy old cymbal in his hands. and says, here..give this to Alex when he gets home from school.
they say, well, how much do you want for it....

he says, nothing. im just glad someone is excited to have it. its been in my garage for over 30 years.

new Jiljdian.jpg

the stamp says:
Avedis
Zildjian CO
Genuine Turkish Cymbals
Made in USA

here's the info on the cymbal..haha..you'll enjoy this..
He purchased it in 1956 from Pappy Larson.( which was the founder of Larson Music in OKC)
this cymbal was his first big buy once he got out of the Marine Corp. he bought it for $87.

so yes...a 24" Vintage Zildjian for free. and it shined up pretty well i thought...

the only thing wrong, is he drilled 4 holes in it, and riveted them about 35 years ago...but, she still sounds good!

and sorry for the bad pics...i cant do any better unless i go outside..ha

enjoy!

Alex

I want it. Seriously, I want it. I'll put the rivets back in. That's a bad-ass cymbal you've got there mate.

Don't you love when fate smiles on we drummers? I'm totally jealous, this is the type of thing I wish happened to me more often. Looks like a beastly cymbal and getting it free of charge is just the icing on the cake.

I'll give you 5 times what you paid for it or 100.00 whichever is higher.

Please don't sell it. That is a beautiful bit of bronze you've got there.

I want it.

Wow. Congrats, man. That's a once in a lifetime thing. I love the sound of vintage Z's. I have a 20" ride that was my dad's, and it's just fantastic.

you are the most lucky guy in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A 24" from the 50's.......normally they are from the 70's, but one from the 50's is just amazing......

Soundfiles would be great.

That's the nuts ! I bet you're so glad that guy approached you. What style of music would it fit best with?

Don't you love when fate smiles on we drummers? I'm totally jealous, this is the type of thing I wish happened to me more often. Looks like a beastly cymbal and getting it free of charge is just the icing on the cake.

I wish this type of thing just happened more often in general. God damn ebay...

Back