Big Black Bob

rritter

Hi, I just got this Yesterday from Music 123 and on sale to boot, $191.99.

Anybody playing one? What do you think?

This is a Black Chrome over Brass 6.5 x 14 Pork Pie snare drum. It features a 10 lug tube design that looks awesome, very vintage. It is shipped with Remo Asian heads and has tuned up quite well. The drum already sounds better than my Sonor 3007 maple drum and that is a wonderful sounding drum. I will be ordering Ambassadors for this drum and I’m hoping for a fantastic sounding drum. I will play this one this weekend.

IMG_0343%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_0352%20(Medium).JPG

Update this evening
I got a chance to play this drum with my kit and I believe this is going to be a very pleasant and pleasing to the ear experience. ….. Wow. If you are looking for a brass snare you will need to have this one on your list. A lot of fun to play and listen to.

congrats!!! it's a really good snare ,I know it's just a matter of taste but I think it's sounds better with a coated emperor on top

Hi, I just got this Yesterday from Music 123 and on sale to boot, $191.99.

Anybody playing one? What do you think?

This is a Black Chrome over Brass 6.5 x 14 Pork Pie snare drum. It features a 10 lug tube design that looks awesome, very vintage. It is shipped with Remo Asian heads and has tuned up quite well. The drum already sounds better than my Sonor 3007 maple drum and that is a wonderful sounding drum. I will be ordering Ambassadors for this drum and I’m hoping for a fantastic sounding drum. I will play this one this weekend.

IMG_0343%20(Medium).JPG

IMG_0352%20(Medium).JPG

Update this evening
I got a chance to play this drum with my kit and I believe this is going to be a very pleasant and pleasing to the ear experience. ….. Wow. If you are looking for a brass snare you will need to have this one on your list. A lot of fun to play and listen to.
Congrats,
I think you'll be happy with the ambassadors make sure the batter is coated(my fav) you may want to try a diplomat on the res. side I like those better than ambassador's IMO.
have fun with that snare I know you will.

Bonzolead

big, beautiful... uh - snare! ;-) looks incredible, always wondered - is'nt brass a warmer sounding metal? great find that snare, enjoy man!

big, beautiful... uh - snare! ;-) looks incredible, always wondered - is'nt brass a warmer sounding metal? great find that snare, enjoy man!

Thanks man, we open an arts and crafts show Sat. and I have the snare in the trailer ready to go. I have a Slingerland chrome over brass that I have had since 1981 and I believe this drum is on par with the Slingerland. If that pans out I’m one happy camper. Brass may be metal but its not a harsh sound at all. Very full bodied at any tuning.

Pork Pie has really made the mass-production transition. That looks like a great snare for the low price. I'll bet it sounds great.

Well I played the Pork Pie snare on Sat and found myself listening to the drum most of the first set. This was a good thing because it sounded wonderful. It is full sounding and crisp. Full bodied and lots of volume. Even at the full price and that is not a bad deal at all this drum is worth that price. If you are in the market for a full bodied sounding brass snare give the Big Black Bob a try. You will love it.

Yes yes. I play this drum and I really am happy with it. You will be too.

I normally use a Remo Controlled Sound (coated) and a clear Dip on the bottom.

It has a very Black Beauty (ish) kind of sound and rings just enough.

Check out the info on my sig link and you'll see I've fine tuned mine with die cast hoops.

Either way, it's a good snare.

Back