Sera's new room & rack - with old drums.

Sera

Something new.

Like mentioned earlier, we bought a house, and now I have a special room for my drums.

First there is a concrete floor, then there is 60 mm rockwool, then 21 mm plywood, then 4 mm rubber carpet and then thick woolcarpet.

That's drum platform.

In a ceiling - there are steel T-profile 40*40*5 mm as a roof truss, and 25*25*2 mm steeltube as "room-in-a-room"-typed construction, with 80*40*5 cm acoustics plate.

That's acoustic frame.

Everything can be taken apart, if there will be needs for future expansions etc.

Drumrack is made of aluminium, and it's based of an old prototype I made few years ago.

Corner pieces in rack are same what I used in prototype. I only painted them. I though that aluminium would not be the best material for that part.

So, few hours with lathe and miller, and few hours with polishing - and now I have rack of my dreams.

Here is sound sample. I think the sounds are getting better when times goes by. And I think also that there is no need to do another topic for just a one video with lot of mistakes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I83udAcQcEA&feature=channel_page

Thanks.

Attachments

• HPIM0760.JPG
    HPIM0760.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 546
  • HPIM0675.jpg
    HPIM0675.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 539
  • HPIM0679.jpg
    HPIM0679.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 537
very sweet!

that is one funky color on your toms!!

if only your entire kit was like taht lol

-Jonathan

Wow, you live the dream man, you actually have an extra room for your drums. Your setup is really unique by the way. Your playing style too, but I couldn't listen to more then 30 seconds because I was getting way stressed out by it. Not my kind of drumming.

very sweet!

that is one funky color on your toms!!

if only your entire kit was like taht lol

-Jonathan

Thanks.

I think that those two NewSound-toms will be first and last drums I ever paint that way. Haven't even thought that I paint those Tamas in same color, way too big job.

Someday there will be similar drums in both sides. Someday.

Wow, you live the dream man, you actually have an extra room for your drums. Your setup is really unique by the way. Your playing style too, but I couldn't listen to more then 30 seconds because I was getting way stressed out by it. Not my kind of drumming.

I think that is not my "style". That song just came that way in that moment, and mostly it's just a test record for sounds.

It's good that you only listened 30 seconds, because it really goes totally overplaying after that, and if you're already stressed in the beginning, you will surely vomit in the end. :)

Back