Purchased a set finally!

drthemez

So i finally found a decent deal on a set and wanted to see what you all thought. I might have paid a little much but i'm not too worried, it seems pretty straight.

New Ludwig X-Over 4 piece (the Walnut/poplar/ Walnut with 3 ply birch rings) Red burst

22x20
12x9
16x14
14x6.5

Zildjian Cymbals:

14' A custom Hi hats
20' A custom sizzle ride w/ 6 rivetts
12' Z3 Splash
16' Armand Crash
17' A thin crash
16' A medium thin crash

Hardware and extras:

ludwig hi hat stand
mapex boom
pearl boom
tama boom
ludwig straight stand
gibralter mini boom attach
Speed king bass pedal
Mapex snare stand
LP micro Snare
LP ridge rider cowbell, red jam block, chrome cowbell

And thats all she wrote... I paid 1,000 for it all, and will post pics as soon as i recieve it!

oh yeah and i had planned on getting a mapex pro m so if im not satisfied with this epic x-over i will probably sell the shells and buy just a shell set.

Heres some pics from the store, ill take better when i get it all set up

Attachments

• Epic X over.jpg
    Epic X over.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 295
  • Epic X over 2.jpg
    Epic X over 2.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 298
thats a good deal and those shells look sweet! enjoy the new drumkit man!

Thanks a lot, i'm pretty excited... By any chance could someone give me a little info on the sizzle ride? I dont know if this is for jazz type music, but i pretty much play rock and punk rock and was thinking i might have to sell it and use the money to get a regular a custom medium ride. If someone could describe the sound itd be a lot of help! Thanks

Classic looking kit right down to the Speed king.
I like the color, just the right shade of red.
Best wishes to you with your kit.

Classic looking kit right down to the Speed king.
I like the color, just the right shade of red.
Best wishes to you with your kit.

It's a normal A custom ride which has been drilled for rivets. This creates a sizzle sound.
You can simply remove the rivets if you dont like them and you cymbal will sound like a normal a custom . No need to trade the cymbal.

ohh ok, thanks. I must be on a spending frenzie today because some guy from craiglist got back to me about some A customs he was selling and i talked him into throwing in his pdp 900 serieis drum throne, so i just bought this as well

14' A custom hi hats
16' A custom crach
20" A custom Ride
12" wuhan china
PDP 900series throne

The cymbals honestly look like they have never been touched, I paid 350 with the intention of keeping the drum throne and re selling all the cymbals individually to make back my 350 thus getting the 100 dollar throne for free haha, i know sounds funny but maybe i can even milk 400 outta the cymbals and get a free throne and a 50 spot.

The Ludwig X-Overs are classy looking drums. Have fun with them.

Dennis

Congratulations on the new kit! You'll need to post a video so we can hear you play it!

So how is it moving that 20x22 bass drum around? I would imagine it'd be hard to get that into the backseat on a small sedan. Or through a small door into the house, eh? Must sound monstrous, though. Have fun!

Here's what the inside of the shell looks like, love that walnut... i might have to get clear heads just to look at it! haha

Attachments

• e2a0cb_ludwig-epic-x-over-shellset.jpg
    e2a0cb_ludwig-epic-x-over-shellset.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 173
Cool, hope it serves you well for years!

Did you play the Keystone kit?
If so, how was it?

Love that Red Burst!

Sweeeeeeet kit man!

sounds like you have two sets of 14" a custom hihats now....
if you want to sell a pair I am interested:)

Haha i sure do, and i plan on selling them, PM me with an offer sometime and ill see what i can do!

Back