Show off your...Sleishman kit!

yes, I can change the angle how I want it.
change the bassdrum height( the pedal connection lets you angle the bassdrum anyway you wish, with out loosing full contact, and you can change the can on the shaft. also you can move the bassdrum horizontal to the front or the back.....the connnector is really awesome!

and yes! a sleishman has more tone than any other drum. it sounds very pure.
also it responds very fast and has a very clear fundamental tone. i can tune my 10' like a 14 or 16" and still with tone...and i can tune a 14" like a timbale and still have tone!
it is very difficult to choke the sound.
bassdrum wise......if your microphone can take it, it still has usable low end down below 30Hz...so it goes twice as deep as a regular bass drum ( 22" mine is)
also, because of the FF system and the shell resonance, the volume is a lot higher than a regular drum, so it is very, very dynamic. also to very soft playing ( snare, bass or toms) it is very responsive.

if you ever are in the neighbourhood of my studio, you are welcome to try it out.

seeiing your previous replies........I asume you are from DO....check out their new Omega series drums...they are THE BOMB and....VERY affordable.

Look at the first picture I posted, you'll notice upper tension rods are independant of the ones on the free floating hardware so to your question; does that tuning system allow for top and bottom heads to be tuned independently ? The answer is yes.

The Pearl free-floating system was based on the Sleishman one.

It doesn't look like it. Yes, the upper and lower tension rods can be adjusted independently but turning either will result in more force on the hoop, which the shell cannot counter as it's free floating. That force can only be countered by the opposite hoop.

Back