Taking drums to Guitar Center for cash

Have you ever walked into a Guitar Center or Sam Ash and said "how much will you give me for these"? I've got a vintage blue sparkle jazz Pearl set from the 70s I believe, that I got FREE a few years ago. It's in great condition and I've got no use for them, nor do I want to go through the hassle of online selling. I'm wondering if one of these stores will take them for some cash.

JFJ

Give a few pics and your location and maybe someone here will take them off your hands. GC isn't going to give you much.

At my local GC the manager of the drum room said that they do an advanced ebay search to see what a particular item sells for, on average. They then pay you half of that if they buy it from you. FWIW

P.S. - You'll also get a 15% credit toward a purchase. Up to you if that's worth it to you.

KYJelly.jpg

You should "sell that item on eBay " for 3 times the price you want , have a friend or your wife buy it , not pay , relist it again for even more . Do that 3 times .

Then go to GC, they'll do their eBay search and find YOUR item that sold for that much money . And will offer you $$$ according to the listings you created !!!!!

I've taken in gear. Places like that offer a service for a price.
Only the individual can determine what it's worth to them.
In the OP's case, it's pretty much a no-brainer. He got them for free, after all.

Of course, there's always the option of donating them to a person or place where they'd be put to good use and appreciated.

Hassle of online selling? Really?

Take a few pics. Spend 5 minutes putting an ad on the Bay. Specify 'collection only'.

1 week later a nice person arrives to give you money and take them away.

I've sold a fair amount of stuff on Ebay...can't say I found it a hassle-filled experience.

Would you consider donating your drums to Carl Stewart's , Drums For Drummers? We take donated kits, refurbish them and place them in junior high and high schools with underfunded music programs. More info avail on our website www. Drumsfordrummers.org we will be exhibiting at PASIC next week spreading the word and meeting with many great drummers. I hope you consider this for your drums. Thanks tom

I recently sold a Mapex Voyager kit for a nephew, with miscellaneous/mixed hardware and cheap cymbals for $186. I had advertised on Craigslist for several weeks, with no results. I was pleased, especially given the somewhat ragged condition.

It really depends on the kit, as well as the employee who estimates the value.

tracer

People like going into a GC store, or browsing their site, looking for good deals on used kits.

How do you think those kits got there? And how many would there be if no one traded them in?

The ONLY time I ever got a deal on a trade was when I pulled a lefty starter set of golf clubs out of the neighbors trash and took them up to Play-it-again Sports and traded them for an Odyssey putter.

And... the only reason the store made the trade was that they didn't have any Lefty starter sets on the floor.

JustJames... gets a well lubricated BIG thumbs up!

Back