My Drum Kit

Your timing is a little off . I think you're tying to do a little too much, which is putting you like a quarter-beat behind, forcing you to catch up.

Some humble advice:

Try to establish the groove first, even if it means dialling everything back a bit. You don't ever want to sacrifice the groove (especially since it's RHCP!), even if it means little to no fills. Once you have that foundation, build it up in complexity.

Nice job though, the video is really well done.

Beautiful kit, by the way. What mics are you using?

Your timing is a little off . I think you're tying to do a little too much, which is putting you like a quarter-beat behind, forcing you to catch up.

Some humble advice:

Try to establish the groove first, even if it means dialling everything back a bit. You don't ever want to sacrifice the groove (especially since it's RHCP!), even if it means little to no fills. Once you have that foundation, build it up in complexity.

Nice job though, the video is really well done.

Beautiful kit, by the way. What mics are you using?

Thanks man!
(I replied you in the other thread :) )

Nice video! Good drumming too.
I love the drums by the way. I once owned the snare drum in that finish. I sold it....not because I didn't like it...it was a beauty, but I had to sell some snare drums to help pay for a new Custom shellpack. I miss the snare...they're well made, beautiful finish - just a great drum. Mine had a "C" stamped inside......fundimental tone was a C.

Again - very nice video.
Good work - thanks for posting it.

Nice video! Good drumming too.
I love the drums by the way. I once owned the snare drum in that finish. I sold it....not because I didn't like it...it was a beauty, but I had to sell some snare drums to help pay for a new Custom shellpack. I miss the snare...they're well made, beautiful finish - just a great drum. Mine had a "C" stamped inside......fundimental tone was a C.

Again - very nice video.
Good work - thanks for posting it.

Thank you :)
I love that snare, although it is difficult to tune it ..

Back