Drummerworld Dictionary

In case no one has read through the cape thread....the 2nd most recent post is almost as funny as the original work of art. Here it is:

That's not that bad.One time I crapped my pants during a show.At first it wasnt that bad.Like a turtle came out and touched the cotton.However I started getting stomach cramps real bad And I felt like I had to take a dump soon.It started to affect my timing rather heavily.and The rest of the band looked back to see just what the hell was going on.

A little while later I knew i couldn't hold back anymore so I quickly got up and attempted to get out of there.However I accidentally tripped over a cymbal stand and we both went down.The sudden impact on the floor caused me to lose all control over my bowels.My pants started filling up with diarrhea,eventually my pants were filled and it started running out of my pants instead.

To make matters worse me and the cymbal stand both went straight onto the guitarists amplifier chord and somehow knocked the amps over.The guitarist turned to the audience and said "Yeah,I think we're done here folks.".Meanwhile the bassist was attempting to help me up but my diarrhea filled pants didn't make that an easy task.After the rest of the band and a few stage hands joined in they finally managed to get me up and clean up the mess I made.I completely ruined all my clothes that night and the band hasn't contacted me since

I guess this guy really did need a throne to sit on while he was playing.

Like I said, the shit is getting deeper. ;-)

I think someone else alluded to this in a previous reply.

Bo's often changing yet consistant content wise "Avatar" is an ongoing "feature" of this site which must have some history behind it .

The ongoing debate about which Ludwig "dunnet" is best...will there ever be a winner ?

Come to think of it the board should get a kickback from Ludwig for consistantly hailing Acrolite's & Supraphonics (how did they make a snare out of a horse ?) as THE snare to own. ( As long as its a different colour to the kit....)

P-85!!!! How in the hell have we not mentioned the P-85?

BTW, Mr. BFY, your new avatar is very nice. She is no Mo, but nice none the less.

And the dictionary thickens, day by day. In a few years no outsiders will be able to understand anything at all here lol.

Sometimes it's tough as it is with all the international colloquiums.

More than once I had to google what the heck some of our British and Aussie friends were talking about. lol.

We could also add Devil Juice to the dictionary, but only Mage knows what it is. lol.

I'm not in favor of using Shemp as a verb, as it's an insult the memory of the Three Stooges, even if the person in questions asked like one at times. :p

Another issue that deserves inclusion in the DW dictionary is the whole "a lot/a lot" thing.

It seems Polly had some rant about that a while back, or at least some comment about it that everyone just ran with. It seems "alot" was one of her pet peeves.

While on the subject of Polly, (and her pets) I believe there was something to do with giant cockroaches. Bonus points if anyone can remember his/her name. It seems she gave it one...

BTW, I'm really not a stalker of Polly...or her aliases. :)

How about "haha?" I find it strange when people write a laugh. LMFAO!!!!!!!

I crack myself up!

Did I just shemp myself?

There also needs to be a reference to

• Milk
  • Seat belts
  • Wallin Smashin
  • The unfortunate phenomenon of not being able to discuss Neil Peart or RIngo Star without fight breaking out, usually resulting in someone being banned.
  • Kenny G

I think of "Shemping" as not knowing when to let it drop. Some threads went on for pages with him defending his position against all comers.

The British Empire lingo adds some flavour and from time to time provokes a Google search. Since Bo, myself and a couple of others are from Hawaii we should probably drop in some lingo like "jang-a-lang" just to confuse people.

We could also add Devil Juice to the dictionary, but only Mage knows what it is. lol.

So do you.

Have we had wind chimes and concert toms?

Back