TAMA Starclassic Bubinga Hyper Drive kit in Natural Cordia

Very nice set of Starclassic Bubingas and what makes them even more special is that they're made in Japan. I bought mine three years ago and there is definitely a unique sound to Bubinga drums.

Dennis

You guys just don't get what I am talking about. Why bother explaining. You see it as some superficial thing, trying to make your kit look its best. We do it with cars, and bikes, and houses. Why can't you do both. Play great and have a really nicely laid out kit. Are you guys telling me you just sit there all day and play your kits, and never have time to sit and admire them. My drum kit is a work of art to me. Maybe many of you don't get that. That is fine. Just don't tell my my priorities are misguided and all that garbage. I love to look at my kit. Yes I can play pretty well. I am not going to be Neil Peart, and I have come to terms with that. Anyone that has actually looked at my kit knows that all my stuff is beautifully set up so that you can reach everything very well. Just because I turn my tom so you don't look at the mount does not mean the placement of the tom is any different in relation to where I sit. I just took the time to actually work it out. You say nobody cares except other drummers. Dah!, those are the people we want to care. They are the ones that actually know what we had to go through to do it. I have had more people tell me how much they appreciate the amount of time I took to actually lay out my kit on the rack. Not just throw it on there so it is ready to play. Everyone must feel threatened by my extra care or something. If you guys want to show off your mounts than go for it. Not sure why, but be my guest. When did nice work become a negative quality. People think I am a weak drummer, or one that does not spend the time on rudiments because my kit is so well thought out. Maybe I put the same care in my drumming that I put in my drum kit. Did you ever think of that.

I was only kidding S4D, I personally love admiring my kit. I don't get a lot of a chance to see the badges so i guess I don't mind that. That's cause my kit faces my bedroom wall and doesn't get out much due to the sheer amount of house kits that I play. But no matter how strange this may seem, I do look over at my kit every night before I go to bed and think, wow, that is a beautiful kit. Lucky me :)

I was only kidding S4D, I personally love admiring my kit. I don't get a lot of a chance to see the badges so i guess I don't mind that. That's cause my kit faces my bedroom wall and doesn't get out much due to the sheer amount of house kits that I play. But no matter how strange this may seem, I do look over at my kit every night before I go to bed and think, wow, that is a beautiful kit. Lucky me :)
It's ok. Me and Mediocre like to get into it every now and then. I just get tired of being one of the only ones on these sites that likes to look at his drums as much as play them. Still not sure why that is a bad thing. People keep telling me it is. :)

Back