Giant Beat Compatibility?

OrangeAgent27

Silver Member
So I was curious as to what china/splash cymbals you guys think would compliment Paiste Giant Beats? My first thought was something from the 2002 line but those, to me at least, have a harshness/brightness that the Giant Beats don't, so I am a little cautious. Anyhow, just curious if anyone has a take on this. Thanks!

The Twenty 18" thin china and 10" splash work pretty well according to my experience. Anything a bit more washy and mellow should work.

So I was curious as to what china/splash cymbals you guys think would compliment Paiste Giant Beats? My first thought was something from the 2002 line but those, to me at least, have a harshness/brightness that the Giant Beats don't, so I am a little cautious. Anyhow, just curious if anyone has a take on this. Thanks!

I have 15" Giant Beat hats and 18" crash mixed with 2002 and Signature line. My 2002 splash sounds great with Giant beats. I recently added a Sabian O-Zone 18" AAX crash. It has a short trashy china sound, and doesn't overwhelm the other cymbals when I use it.

I think the Giant Beat matches with the Twenty and 2002 with the Signature lines.

You might also try out the Sabian APX Chinas and splashes. Other than that, I almost think something from Zildjian - either their A Fast Splashes or their K Custom Hybrids would go well with Giant Beats.

Back