Tom angles!!!!

Re: tom angles!!!!

IMHO that is what happens when you have too many toms and no rack. The hihat gets in the way and as far apart as the two are mounted on the bass drum there is a lot of wasted space. Not saying a rack is necessary, just easier.

Agreed. I have three rack toms. I only use two at a time. I can't even think of a comfortable way to set them up.

IMHO that is what happens when you have too many toms and no rack. The hihat gets in the way and as far apart as the two are mounted on the bass drum there is a lot of wasted space. Not saying a rack is necessary, just easier.

Well, not really.

IMG_1957.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

Well Yes. He has four toms up and your photos show only three which would put the 4th right over the hihat. I also have 3 up but the fourth would be right on top of the hi hat. I'm sure if you search hard enough you can prove me wrong but generally speaking four toms up causes problems. That was my point.

Attachments

• PA250032.JPG
    PA250032.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,167

Well Yes. He has four toms up and your photos show only three which would put the 4th right over the hihat. I also have 3 up but the fourth would be right on top of the hi hat. I'm sure if you search hard enough you can prove me wrong but generally speaking four toms up causes problems. That was my point.
I agree with ya 100% Grunt. When I was a wee lad, I played with 4 up. I painstakingly tried every way to make a set up work without hat interference issues, etc. I was seeking the perfect set up. After a few years, I retired two of the drums and I gave up. I play 2 up and 1 down now.

Some of these kits remind me of M.C. Escher drawings... unbelievable.

These aren't too bad, but they're worth posting XD

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/msg/1185004664.html

EDIT: Found another funny posting.

I quote: "Hi, I have a Slingerland timpani. The head had a tear in it but I fixed it with clear tape. The drum still functions great. I'd like to trade for Musical equiptment, amps, guitars, effects, recording studio equiptment. If you have something along these lines please give me a call at (850)XXX-XXXX & see if we can make a deal. Thank you & have a great day."

LAWLZ

that's a good one! i didn't know it was even possible to adjust the toms that high. you have to wonder, were they trying to be funny?

It's hard to tell. If you set up your kit deliberately trying to make it look as terrible as possible, someone would post something on Craigslist that was even more outrageous and yet fully serious. So, this whole thing about tom angles is satire-proof. People are really playing like this.

Or a picture of Bill Gates sitting at his desk using an iPhone.

These aren't too bad, but they're worth posting XD

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/msg/1185004664.html

EDIT: Found another funny posting.

I quote: "Hi, I have a Slingerland timpani. The head had a tear in it but I fixed it with clear tape. The drum still functions great. I'd like to trade for Musical equiptment, amps, guitars, effects, recording studio equiptment. If you have something along these lines please give me a call at (850)XXX-XXXX & see if we can make a deal. Thank you & have a great day."

LAWLZ

As for the kit in the craigslist post: They didn't even TRY to spell cymbal. Instead, they say "crash pad included"! Maybe they think they're electric?

Wow i'd have expected it from your average ebay or craigslist seller, but NOT one of the biggest guitar shops in the UK!!!

Attachments

• cymbols.jpg
    cymbols.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,003

If you record a demo with your band, send it in, then get a contract, then make #1 in worldwide charts..very easy....whoever cares about tom angles?
grin

LOL. I've razzed a few ebayers about their sets (I know, not nice) and invariably I get a frantic answer back, sorry!! I don't know anything about drums - I'm a guitar player!!

Back