Old yammies / New digs

aydee

Platinum Member
...New bands, new band- practice studios called for a new more spacious home- practice room for my yammie maples.

And a new camera called for some new pics:

3rd fl. dr 1.jpg

3rd fl. dr 2.jpg

3rd fl. dr 3.jpg

3rd fl. dr 4.jpg

3r flr r 5.jpg

3rd fl. dr 6.jpg

3rd fl. dr 7.jpg

3rd fl. dr 8.jpg

I love your Yammies. Heck, I love all Yammies. Never met one I didn't wanna own.

Hey Abe, nice drums and a very nice space. Your new camera appears to flip the image left to right though - I'd have it checked out. :) You seem to have EC2's on your rack toms and (I'm guessing) G2's on your floor toms. Is that deliberate?
J.

Hey Abe, nice drums and a very nice space. Your new camera appears to flip the image left to right though - I'd have it checked out. :) You seem to have EC2's on your rack toms and (I'm guessing) G2's on your floor toms. Is that deliberate?
J.

Hello daddy! Hope all goes well at home...my regards to Ben.

Hey its a lefty camera, what do you expect. : )

I love the boom that the 14" and 16" floors give me with the G2s, except it gets a little ringy on the 12".. so I thought a combination of the two type of heads with some careful judicious use of mool-gel will get me the exact sound I want.( btw, the 2nd moon gel on the 14" was my son messing on the kit- its one each on the floors ) It works fine really.. The smaller toms don't ring too much and the bigger ones aren't dead.
But like I've said earlier, next change, I'll probably go coated.

Last edited:
The embossed silver finish is my favorite of all the finishes Yamaha has to offer. Absolutely beautiful kit you have there!

The embossed silver finish is my favorite of all the finishes Yamaha has to offer. Absolutely beautiful kit you have there!

Thanks BTH, I've grown to like it too. It does get noticed.

you should join the lefty social club. itd be great to have more than three members....

I did... : ) there are many more out there.

i like the new setup. how does that crash sound inverted? does it hurt the bell or keyhole?
and i really like that ride too.

Crash sounds good. I inverted it because the stick contact seem better inverted off this cymbal. Not much chance of damage, I'm not a very hard hitter

I love your Yammies. Heck, I love all Yammies. Never met one I didn't wanna own.

Yeah, but I see your heart bleeding for Luddies & Rogers too, ya 3 timer, ya!!

The set is looking great man, excellent choice of finish, sleek and interesting.

Did you get a Yamaha head with a hole already in it? Or did you cut that yourself?

Hey Aydee how is your stick bag suspended? did you tie it between your floor toms?

And are those pearl pedals?

The set is looking great man, excellent choice of finish, sleek and interesting.

Did you get a Yamaha head with a hole already in it? Or did you cut that yourself?

Hey Aydee how is your stick bag suspended? did you tie it between your floor toms?

And are those pearl pedals?

Hey Fett!Thanks. I cut the hole in the BD reso. ( using a heated can and pressing it against the reso. It comes off petty neatly that way, and then you can stick of those adhesive thingees on it to makes sure you don't cause any further damage to the hole)

Yeah, you guess it , the stick-bag has laces which are knotted and suspended from the lugs of the 14" and the 16" so that it sits in the bevel between the two toms. A pretty handy place to keep it, IMO.

Yup, Pearl Eliminators. Great pedals.. I've got DW 5000s on my gigging kit, but I prefer these actually.

Great pics of a great kit!! I've actually never seen that finish anywhere else before....but I dig it!! I love the Elims too (great value compared to their immediate competition and a better pedal imo).

PS - Take it easier on me than you did on harryconway. I only got the Tama kit because I love my Yammie too much to take it gigging!! hahahaha

Back