drum3.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 1,838
  • Drum4.jpg
    Drum4.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 1,835
  • Drum5.jpg
    Drum5.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 1,775
welcome to the forum man! nice kit, the black looks sharp, the heads give the kit a nice look as well as a nice sound too i bet, and where did you come across the old Zildjian's? very nice...

Is the larger tom a Ludwig blue Accent model? The badge does not look like a Taye badge.

I play taye's too. I absolutely love them ! Taye's dont seem to get a lot of respect around here though.

I play taye's too. I absolutely love them ! Taye's dont seem to get a lot of respect around here though.

Taye drums are a lesser known brand, although great drums, and people are afraid to buy anything without that Big name brand on them. I had my Taye Pro-X for almost two years and absolutely loved them. Here is a photo of the great blue Glass Sparkle finish.

Attachments

• FINAL TAYE 001.jpg
    FINAL TAYE 001.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,958
Yes, I know... Overkill on the snare but it helps the wife and daughters ears... Hahaha. That's my next upgrade.

As for the Vintage Zildjian hats and ride... I got them at 2 seperate pawn shops... I got the ride for $65 and the hats for $60. Sweet deal, eh??

The Tom2 was added and is a Mapex that I got new on eBay for $17 and matches very well with sound. The Tom4 floor was also an addition and sounds awesome as well.

The Aquarian P2 heads blow away the Evans EC1's I had previously and complete the sound I was looking for.

Thanks for the welcomes and future guidance and advice.
Peace,
kengolfnut

Back