New guy on the forum

Hawx

hey been looking for a decent drum forum and this is the first that popped up on google so hello!

quick intro

been playing drums for 17 years, love it. was taught for the first 9 of those. i have a good 7 years experience touring. im in a signed band, all goin ok on that front. figured id join up for advice or maybe to help others! cant be a bad thing to mingle with fellow drummers.

stick size is 7AN, gotta love my nylon tips for a decent cymbal sound.

i also play with an extra floor tom between my hats and rack tom, anyone else got that set up?

cant play guitar but im one of the main songwriters for my band, go figure!

nice to meet you all!

Welcome to Drummerworld. Sounds like a cool set-up, but don't just tease us with words .... we like eye candy. Photo's, please.​

Welcome to the forum!

Just saw this. Welcome. What kind of music do you play? Since you play 7AN's, I'm going to guess.......fusion???

A very merry welcome! What style of music?
I've dabbled with an extra floor to the left of my hats where a secondary snare usually sits. I quite enjoyed it and it's very economical for getting around your kit, saving energy, left/right hand lead mix ups.
Also helped me not sound like me when creating new parts. It's not the same wood as the rest of my kit and I didn't make a huge use of it so I stopped using it. I do still like the idea though.
How do you get on with yours? And is it not strange having it inbetween the hat and rack? Does you hat technique suffer because of it?

Back