3/23/12 - It's the Weekend! Who's Giggin? And Who's Goin?

Thought it'd be cool to see what's happenin' this weekend with you folks. Giggin? Going to a show?

Feel free to use this thread as a check-in / check-out. Let us know what you're doin', if and where you're playing, who you're seeing. Stories, photos, critiques, and general hijinx and tom-foolery encouraged!...

... but try and keep it drum related :)

One of my practice buddies' wife just had a baby.................. no playing out of my basement for a while (better for the general piblic ears anyway)

I was playing tomorrow night but the gig was cancelled by the venue for some reason or other. They've offered us a slot Thursday night instead at their regular Gay and Lesbian night. For more money!

No gig for our band this weekend nor next weekend....which is good as I will spend that Saturday with my son at a school band event as a chaperone. He plays the clarinet.

As for drumming, I will manage some time on my practice kit with an mp3 player to keep my timing skills in order. At my age....it's needed.

The closest I'll get to giggin' this weekend are the new Ahead Armor cases I bought. Unfortunately, they'll sit for a little bit as I sharpen my basics, rudiments and time keeping.

Much respect and envy to the weekend warriors!

I've been jamming with a guitar player the last couple of months every Sunday afternoon. We had a bass player join us last Sunday. Hopefully he shows up again this weekend and we can all jam together again. We don't have any songs set in stone, just making some noise for now.

I've got 2 gigs this weekend, one tonight (Friday) and one Sunday night.

Tonight will be an extremely rare jazz gig for me. So I'll be faking that lol. In fact this will be my first real jazz gig.

Sunday I have my weekly open mic blues jam that I am part of the hosting band.

I've got 2 gigs this weekend, one tonight (Friday) and one Sunday night.

Tonight will be an extremely rare jazz gig for me. So I'll be faking that lol. In fact this will be my first real jazz gig.

Sunday I have my weekly open mic blues jam that I am part of the hosting band.

Hey Lar - what will be your drum/cymbal setup for your first ever jazz gig?

Thought it'd be cool to see what's happenin' this weekend with you folks. Giggin? Going to a show?

Feel free to use this thread as a check-in / check-out. Let us know what you're doin', if and where you're playing, who you're seeing. Stories, photos, critiques, and general hijinx and tom-foolery encouraged!...

... but try and keep it drum related :)

Playing a little bar in Blanco, TX on Saturday night. It's our first time there so I don't know what to expect!

Performing with a jazz trio Sat. Guitar, Bass, and Drums. The guitarist is extraordinary!
He toured in the late 1950's, played with the legendary B3 player Jack McDuff in the early
60's until he was replaced with George Benson. He's been playing non stop ever since and
now in his 70's, he still burns!

Playin' two shows this weekend! One in Wyandotte, Michigan with a couple local bands, and another in Canton, Michigan at a lovely church. Should be a good time :) We don't get paid a whole lot, but maybe ooone day I'll have the cash to dish this Pearl Export Kit -____- haha.

Good luck to anyone else who's hittin' the town this weekend!

3 gigs for me this weekend. One tonight in Redondo Beach, tomorrow afternoon for a belated St. Patty's Day Parade in Redondo and later that night in San Pedro.

I've got a high school talent show tonight and tomorrow night. Hopefully we'll win the first prize of $100.

Gigging.
Too bad they didn't bother to spell our name correctly.
Salvadore Dali Llama

Attachments

• sdl.JPG
    sdl.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 131
Playin' two shows this weekend! One in Wyandotte, Michigan with a couple local bands, and another in Canton, Michigan at a lovely church. Should be a good time :) We don't get paid a whole lot, but maybe ooone day I'll have the cash to dish this Pearl Export Kit -____- haha.

Good luck to anyone else who's hittin' the town this weekend!

Sweet dude, I live in Garden City.

Where/When/What band are you playing with in Wyandotte?

Had a GREAT gig last weekend at a skeezy little area bar. Good crowd for a small bar...maybe 100 folks? We pulled out a burner of a new song for the first time and they loved it. It was great watching the cute little bartender and a couple of her friends shake booty while we belted it out. The stage sounded amazing in this place...it was a giant subwoofer for my 24" cannon kick.

This weekend...finally...nothing.

Wednesday we host our first "FAT Wednesday" at a popular downtown bar called "Fatty's". Four popular local bands and Rockstar energy drink is sponsoring it. We picked up 15 cases of some of their new flavors, and a giant cooler barrel to put on display...along with a bunch of extra schwag. Should be a blast!

Then...that Friday...a 3 hr. gig w/ my funk/soul band at one of our regular spots in town.

Back